Complete card for Strong Style Evolved, Rey Mysterio off the show due to injury

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/03/21/complete-card-for-strong-style-evolved-rey-mysterio-off-the-show-due-to-injury/

During a press conference to officially announce the Strong Style Evolved lineup, New Japan Pro Wrestling announced that Rey Mysterio’s biceps injury will prevent him from wrestling this Sunday against Jushin Thunder Liger in Long Beach, California.

Will Ospreay will be taking Mysterio’s spot against Liger at Strong Styles Evolved.

Here is the full card for Sunday’s show at the Walter Pyramid, which will air at 8 pm Eastern on AXS TV in the U.S. and New Japan World outside of the United States.

*Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi vs. The Young Bucks

*Jay White vs. Hangman Page for the United States title

*Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Will Ospreay

*Kazuchika Okada and Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr.

*Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, Ryusuke Taguchi & Dragon Lee vs. Tetsuya Naito, Sanada, Hiromu Takahashi & Bushi

*Cody and Marty Scurll vs. The Guerillas of Destiny

*Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer vs. Toru Yano and Chuckie T.

*Hirooki Goto and Gedo vs. Juice Robinson and David Finlay

*Roppongi 3K and Rocky Romero vs. Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky

1 Like

Can’t wait to watch in person!

“Cody and Marty Scurll vs. The Guerillas of Destiny”??

Aren’t they all bullet club?

1 Like

The Bullet Club is just fine.

2 Likes

Check out the angle from the recent ROH show with Omega, Cody and the rest of the Bullet Club. Trouble in paradise for sure. Very solid card here, not as crazy as last year but several of these matches are gonna be amazing. That Main event will get alot of time. It will also be nice to see Ospreay and Lyger. Despite what people say, Lyger can still go. He may not be able to flip around to the extent he once did but dammit, the man is a legend. Give him and Ospreay 15-20 minutes and they will put on a classic.

1 Like

Bullet Club is Fine!
Was there an angle shot to get to GoD v Cody/Marty?
I wish Tama would go crazy like last years G1 match v Omega. And kick out all BTE

Did something happen with GoD & Cody/Marty? I know it’s been chaotic in the BC but I’m not fully caught up on if anything happened in RoH.

1 Like

Nothing has really happened at all with the Guerrillas of Destiny in ROH. This would be a New Japan situation only.

Glad they pulled this card together while they still could. I like the looks of a lot of these previously unannounced matches (especially Okada & Ishii vs. Sabre & Suzuki, coming off the New Japan Cup and building to the April 1 show), and Ospreay is a more-than-suitable replacement for Mysterio.

No Billy Gunn, no Michael Elgin, no problems from me.

Bullet club is all over the place, i would like to see GoD get the win over Cody to really put tama in the mix for leadership.

Real shame that rey is off the card it felt like a special moment when it was announced. I hope he recovers well and they can bring rey in later this year.

1 Like