Cora Jade speaks about her rise in WWE, would like to be in women's Royal Rumble

Originally published at Cora Jade speaks about her rise in WWE, would like to be in women's Royal Rumble

Cora’s ascension in WWE happened quicker than she thought it would.

On January 20th, 2021, Cora Jade, the former ‘Elayna Black’ formally joined WWE. The company announced that Cora, Zoey Stark and current NXT Women’s Tag Team Champion Gigi Dolin were joining the NXT roster and they were slated for the women’s Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

Fast forward to present day and Cora is a member of the NXT 2.0 brand and is featured on TV on a consistent basis. She has scored wins over Taya Valkyrie, Dakota Kai, Mandy Rose and recently challenged for the NXT Women’s Title at New Year’s Evil. She spoke about her ascension while guest appearing on El Brunch de WWE. Jade said things have happened quicker than she thought they would.

It feels great. This was obviously — it happened a little quicker than I thought it would. Yeah, I was wrestling on the independents for about two years before my tryout and obviously when you get the email for the tryout, it’s a dream come true because this is where I always wanted to be. So, and I actually got the email like two weeks beforehand so I didn’t have a lot of time to prepare which I guess is best-case scenario because I would definitely freak myself out. But yeah, I got the email for the tryout and then I went, it was like three days long. I saw a lot of people I knew there so that was good. But yeah, I started and did the Dusty Classic with Gigi Dolin and it’s just been crazy from then on. So much has happened but I’m very grateful, very thankful and I’m excited to see what’s next. I have a lot of goals for the future so we’ll see.

The annual Royal Rumble Premium Live Event is scheduled for January 29th. As of this writing, 20 of the 30 spots in the women’s Rumble have been filled. Jade said she’d love to be a part of the field.

I would love to be in the Royal Rumble. I guess we’ll have to see. It’s definitely one of my favorite pay-per-views, especially growing up. All the surprises are always my favorite. 2020’s Royal Rumble was one of my favorites because Edge made his return and I love — I was a big Edge fan growing up, still a big Edge fan now so that was a cool moment to see. I’d love to be in the Royal Rumble. I guess we’ll never know until we get there, but I know they do have some open spots, so, I know a lot of of women have already been announced but there is room for some surprises so hopefully I’m one of them but I’ll guess we’ll have to see.

This past Tuesday on NXT 2.0, Cora approached Raquel Gonzalez and suggested that they team up in the women’s Dusty Classic which kicks off in February.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit El Brunch de WWE with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.