CoronaMania: Welcome To The Covid Penitentiary!

Oh Mania is 100% not happening.

Which - considering the build - can be a good thing.

ā€¦ not that Vince will come with anything better after that, but still.

No one will be upset if they cancel unless people are morons or they wait until itā€™s too late and people lose money.

Itā€™s a godddam crappy wrestling show. If it prevents an outbreak in either the US or another country itā€™s worth it

There are experts here in Germany that claim that 70% of earths population could get the virus. New studies show that about 3,4% that get infected die. A quick calculation would assume around the world 176 million people could die because of it. Of course more people in the world are younger than old so the number is a little high but especially nations with alot of old people will have a big problem. No health system could deal with such high numbers of sick people.

Well itā€™s also going to have a massive knock on effect on all of the local wrestling events, not to mention the gigantic impact on the local community that are all relying on those thousands of people coming in, which is a big part of why cities like to have Mania. So, the WWE side of it you can of course say is trash if you want, but there is a much bigger effect to a cancellation that will negatively affect a lot of people and their incomes.

I donā€™t know man, you could argue Trump could have handled it better by not lying and downplaying its potential impact and maybe being a bit more proactive on emergency funding (how the hell is there not more test kits?) but yeah itā€™s probably big bad mainstream media creating all the issues.

Sorry from going on the rails on the original thread topic. Just want to post this and leave it at that. I think it perfectly sums up MAGA republicans in 2020

3 Likes

Heā€™s handled it exactly how every American should come to expect him to handle it. Pathetic!

Itā€™s like us wrestling fans thinking WWE will ever change its ways yet we still complain all the time :joy:

@POSTmaster estimate based on the reports that 1000s of people may have even had this and donā€™t even know or show symptoms.
Itā€™s more deadly to the at risk population who caught just as easily and just as likely catch and die from any illness like pneumonia or normal flu

One of the biggest fails of the American handling of this is the lack of testing. If we had real data on how many people have been exposed to it, or have traces of it, and show no signs of serious illness or death weā€™d see rates drop

1 Like

Are those estimates from politicians and pundits or legit medical professionals?

Pundits who act like experts who act like journalists who donā€™t speak to medical professionals who donā€™t know enough about this anyway because at least in America there arenā€™t testing sites or enough tests to go around because our Government is more incompetent than WWE creative

Thatā€™s my point about the coverage of this - who the fuck knows - and who can trust it anyway!
You think China is out there giving real numbers?

What I know is the science and math behind the common Flu and it seems widely accepted and stated that is way more problematic every year than this is at the moment. So unless this is some super virus that never ends and has a contagion rate higher than normal germsā€¦honestly, Iā€™m not defending the failed government response in my country, Iā€™m not saying itā€™s a hoax. But I canā€™t imagine them covering next years Flu season like this and thatā€™s going to kill more people it would seem

Letā€™s all just keep washing our hands.

4 Likes

The numbers I quoted are medical information. Nothing to do with pundits. It was circulated at European society of critical care

80 percent are fine
15 percent in hospital
5 percent in ICU of which half will die

1 Like

@Alex_Patel and that is just tested / confirmed cases? Does the medical world have an estimate on the number of people walking around not knowing they have it showing no severe symptoms

How does that compare the pneumonia?

I live in Manhattan. Youā€™d think if the guy infected who entered grand central station that easily 100s of more people would have it. So does it have a low contagion rate? You seem more knowledgeable on this than anyone on cable news

1 Like

Back to the original topic -

If non-WWE shows are impacted when donwe think people will start dropping out or announcing? Given the high fly in rate it would seem like promoters may want to get out ahead of changes or cancellationsā€¦

You have to assume the CDC and WHO know enough. If you want to believe that its up to you. But you canā€™t say it has a .5% mortality rate, that is false. What we know if that the high end of it is around 3% with the information that we have.

1 Like

The CDC canā€™t test everyone! Thatā€™s a major problem.

This started in China of all places. They donā€™t exactly believe in open and transparent sharing of information.

Itā€™s like a complete guess on what % of information they have.

I shouldnā€™t say .5%.
Itā€™s 3% of known cases.
We have zero idea of the contagion factor. And therefore zero idea of the spread. And therefore no idea of having accurate rates on this thing. And we probably never will.

Sure, but do you think theyā€™d report lower numbers or higher?

Also, explain Italy? Are they bullshitting us also?

Donā€™t confuse yourself with the medical professionals. Zero seems a bit low. Donā€™t get all Alex Jones on us now.

2 Likes

Those are the stats based on people we know have it.

In terms of the undiagnosed walking around we will only have a better idea when we get community spread (this means non travellers getting it and patients with no link to travellers). So far we have not seen rampant community spread in North America. Most estimate it will happen.

You have to assume that there is a segment of the population who have it and are well so likely we are estimating the mortality but we wonā€™t know better until community spread starts occurring

I do want to stress - even though it appears Vince and even Trump arenā€™t taking it seriously the North American hospitals are. We have had almost daily calls and plans about how to run COVID units and expedite screening.

We have been basically banned from
Travel and setup backup schedules and are busy setting uo dedicated ICUs for this.

Unlike SARS there is a real sense of preparation and although it might be crazy and overwhelming the response from medical people has been outstanding in terms of getting ready for this and doing all we can to limit the spread.

Italy had a huge problem up front with this and limiting spread. We have done a much better job in North America so far so letā€™s hope your numbers arenā€™t as bad

2 Likes

Well itā€™s been poorly reported on. Also if you canā€™t test everyone and we have 2-3 months data how can those rates or factors be known?

I think China would report lower numbers so who knows how many ppl got it and then died.

And Italy is on lockdown. Smart. I wish we could do that in major American cities. Itā€™s the most brash and sound idea to stop the spread.

All major non essential events should be cancelled for 3 weeks minimum. But thatā€™s not very American to go ahead and implement. Italy doing it gave me hope it will become normalized in the West

:point_up_2::100:
Thank you @Alex_Patel
Iā€™m exiting stage left. This post was encouraging and I appreciate whatever it is you are doing and do on a daily basis to better our efforts and keep us all healthy. Youā€™re the real superhero

1 Like