Cringy WWE Moments

Kiss my Ass Club

Any time the announcers are clearly spouting direct verbiage from Vince. This week’s phrase was “Samoan temper” which is suddenly a thing everybody says about Roman Reigns out of the blue after 4+ years of seeing him on a weekly basis.

A lot of the stuff from when Kane was trying to make John Cena evil, particularly the love triangle between Cena, Eve, and Zack Ryder. And that angry face Cena made that time.

The projections on the ring during Wyatt vs. Orton at WrestleMania.

Pretty much all of the stuff tying back to Eddie after he passed away made me cringe. It took a while for Vickie to stand out as her own character and not somebody’s widow for me.

1 Like

A lot has already been said but if you say “cringe” I immediately think about Carmella when she was speaking while coming to the ring in NXT.

1 Like

Any ambulance match ever. I remember Cena’s AA to Kane on a stretcher. A stretcher is, after all, a mattress! It was jacked to about 4 feet high.

How can Cena, who must be 5’10, dropping Kane down unto a 4 foot high mattress ever be a finish to a match? I know wrestling is rigged, but moments like these make me feel ashamed of watching.

I kinda felt the same way watching the Gargano bump on Candice last night on NXT. She’s a pro wrestler. She’s supposed to be able to take a bump. How can she ever wrestle on the main roster against Nya Jax, who outweighs her boyfriend by about 100 pounds, if Johnny falling down the apron on her creates a quasi-paralysis angle?

1 Like

Yeah, The Muppets (and Huge Jackman) were probably the best of The Guest Host - era.

The Muppets were a show about a variety show, WWE is a show about a wrestling show, they are pretty similar.

1 Like

Beaver Cleavage…

When you’re in a submission hold and close enough to grab the ropes, please just go ahead and grab them instead of doing that prolonged “alligator arm” deal. One of the fakest looking things in all of fake sports… right behind the slingshot into the turnbuckle.

That segment from an October 2003 Smackdown where Vince McMahon goes ballistic on Paul Heyman and threatens ungodly things on the Undertaker’s wife and family.

Link to said segment is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oQ2elMGu6A

Two words:
Katie Vick

2 Likes

…And let’s not forget that the exit strategy for Beaver Cleavage when that gimmick died on the vine was that god-awful “his girlfriend is lying about being domestically abused” angle.

… CLAIRE LYNCH

1 Like

The Timothy white suicide angle was horrible. Some of the sketches were funny but alot were downright distasteful. Especially around the time of Eddie Guerrero death.

You do know that’s TNA right?

1 Like

I can’t like this comment enough. Might be the second worst thing the company has ever done.

1 Like

I’ll see everyone’s sleaze and raise you the whole HHH Booker T feud from mania 19. Memorable moments include comments about “you people”, cracks about how Booker should be his driver, endless Lawler banging on about Booker’s record on commentary and the fact the babyface not only lost at the end of it all but was traunced. Royally.

…yes, that pun was intended. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When Kofi says “BAAAAAAA-BEEEEEEEE”

Hell anytime Kofi is on the mic I cringe mostly