Dana Brooke discusses Mandy Rose slipping at WrestleMania 37, thought fans were cheering loudly for them

Originally published at Dana Brooke discusses Mandy Rose slipping at WrestleMania 37, thought fans were cheering loudly for them

The 24/7 Champion looks back at her WrestleMania 37 experience.

As WrestleMania 38 inches closer, as of this writing, Dana Brooke is going into WWE’s biggest show of the calendar year as 24/7 Champion. At last year’s WrestleMania, Brooke was a part of a Tag Team Turmoil match and the winners secured a shot at the Women’s Tag Titles on night two.

Brooke was paired with Mandy Rose and as they made their way to the ring, Rose slipped and fell. Dana was walking in front of Rose and did not notice that she fell. The crowd reacted to it but Brooke was under the impression that the crowd was reacting to their entrance and it made her excited. She told Ring The Belle that she found out what happened when they got to the backstage area.

Oh my gosh. That entrance fell so I’m telling you from my vision and my perspective, right? So we make our entrance, we come to the top of the ramp, we strike a pose and we start strutting our stuff and all of a sudden, I hear the audience roar and I’m like, ‘Oh my God, this is electrifying’ so I’m like oh, go Dana, go Dana and I’m strutting extra hard. Like I’m feeling myself. Not even knowing that she had fallen right behind me, right? That’s why the audience erupted and was going crazy was because she had fallen behind me so I keep walking and walking and I hear this and I’m like, ‘Oh my God, they’re feeling us. They’re loving it.’ Post-match happens and we’re backstage and she goes, ‘I fell. Dana, I fell, I slipped.’ I’m like, ‘What are you talking about?’ She’s like, ‘I fell’ and then it all clicked. I’m like, ‘Oh, that’s why the audience was going crazy.’ I felt like — I thought they were loving us, every moment that we were coming on down but it was something that is unforgettable, right? And we kind of carried it onto Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown where we kind of showed that, hey Mandy, you can’t slip and fall anymore so, we always try to make a negative into a positive.

While Brooke and Rose were teaming, Mandy made the move to NXT where she is currently the brand’s Women’s Champion.

Brooke admitted that she was saddened that they were no longer a team, but she’s happy for Mandy and proud of what they’ve been able to accomplish individually since their tag run. Dana also threw the idea out there of a reunion.

You know something, I always — like I said before, I always try and take a negative into a positive and we , I was like, ‘No!’ We trained together, I’ve known her for years. We kind of just — we were the same. Me and Mandy were like inseparable so I felt like I was losing a piece of me. But then looking forward to it, I always try and take the high road and go about my business and go about my way and that’s exactly what I did is I capitalized on an opportunity when I saw it and that’s exactly what she did down at NXT. She capitalized on an opportunity that she saw and she’s the NXT Champion so I’m super, super, super proud of her but again, maybe one day down the line, you never know what can happen. We might meet again but, we’ve got our accomplishments that we’ve accomplished in the years to come when we did separate so that even means that we’re a stronger team when we do come together.

At NXT Stand & Deliver, Mandy Rose will be putting her title on the line against Cora Jade. Rose has been champion since October 2021 and the upcoming bout against Cora is going to be her third title defense.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Ring The Belle with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.