Daniel Bryan removed from title match at Crown Jewel, report on Renee Young being added to show

Yeah I doubt Shawn wanted to ever comeback nor do I think Taker wants to wrestle any more. Rumors are they are getting 3 million each and they have to take that pay day. They both know that they are ruining their legacies by doing this and look silly out there. The only person that wants to see them wrestle is the Saudi Prince. They are essentially wrestling exclusively for him.

Those tickets are purchased by the government aren’t they? So really it’s not a typical ticket or advertising situation.

Yeah because Shawn totally would have returned if this was a regular payday. Are you high?

Bringing Renee with them is like WWE saying : “See, we are going to make a statement” which is good. I’m glad to learn that it was their plan all along because at first, I thought they were trying to soften the blow.

LOL who wouldn’t want to make a fuck load of money for working 15-20 minutes.

How dare they!!!

Maybe Shawn got high, forgot about his morals and thinks he’s performing in the Alamodome :joy::joy::joy:

I honestly have more respect for the performer that is clearly taking the pay day than what Bryan did. He resigned his deal AFTER the deal with Saudi Arabia was in place! He performed on the first show! He does not get a pass for not acknowledging the governments shady shit then but now that it’s in main stream media he’s going to act holier than thou and back off the show, mid main event push.

Dude, Daniel, if you wanted to sign for that WWE money you need to open your eyes to where it’s coming from! He won’t work the date but he’ll take a paycheck for it? Or ink a massive downside because WWE got Saudi money to pay for it?

I wish Bryan went Indy after his deal expired and showed up at All In or whatever - I’d have massive respect for that guy. I had respect for the guy who resigned to do right by his wife and kid. I don’t have respect for the guy who signed to come back, takes the money, and asks off a show because he doesn’t agree with the company that is paying him with the money they make from said show! Who’s the hypocrite here? Uhhhhh this one got me heated! :man_facepalming:

Also, I reserve the right to change tune if more about Bryan’s story comes out or he donates major sums of his lucrative deal to human rights groups. And he better now show up in any other questionable places to do shows.

1 Like

The one thing that i would have loved to see is Bryan and Cena actually explain why they aren’t going to the show, even if was a company statement they would say, it would be better then just doing like nothing is happening and it’S all part of the storyline. i Just hope that Bryan decided to not take the money for that show because if somehow, somebody is reporting that Bryan took the money even through he decided to not take part of the show, he would look like the biggest hypocrite in wrestling

The thing with Shawn is that his comeback should be a huge deal. He is one of my favourite wrestlers of all time. But, doing a comeback in Saudi Arabia, at this PPV, with other “old” wrestlers is a big fail. All I’ve ever heard as dream opponents for a Shawn comeback was versus Gargano, AJ Styles or Daniel Bryan and I think it’s much more attractive.

He could have had what Hogan got when he faced The Rock which was that ginormous crowd reaction.

Bryan’s downside guarantee is paid for by money from this 10 year deal - whether directly or indirectly his is lining his pockets with money WWE makes from their Saudi partnership.

There’s no way they’d let those guys speak out as to why - but agree - would have liked an explanation from them.

To me the real story here about the two guys off the show is that Cena has surpassed WWE in The Who needs Who more race.

And people don’t think it’s about money :roll_eyes:

Anyone who doesn’t think this business isn’t about making as much money as possible is stupid and shouldn’t breed.

1 Like

Micheals always said that he would only comeback for a great storyline and I guess this is a good enough storyline for him to comeback. In a way, I think micheals is scared that he wouldn’t be able to do those 5 stars Matches that he was able to do before his retirement. That’s why he turn down all thoses other matches even with the big paycheck that WWE would offer him. So for him, I feel like he’s thinking that if he’s with opponent that he’s comfortable with, he will have a better performance. Plus, the storyline actually makes sense and works with where we left him and taker.

Literally no one thinks that.

It Seems most likely since its main stream media attention the performers especially cena and bryan who have a huge fanbase many women and children and pretty much faces for life from here on out don’t want to tarnish there image to the fans and upset kids by doing these shows. It might not really be up to there own morals.

I am not 100 percent up on my Saudi Arabia history or religious beliefs. But I do believe rather recently Saudi Arabia has allowed women to drive. Anyways the Issue seems to me at least is in there religion and particular form of Muslim (not trying to say anything wrong with Muslim.) That Women Shouldn’t show any skin only to a Husband and where a hijab when out in public and accompanied by a male adult (Usually a husband or Father). Renee Case is much different she will be fully clothed and even wearing a hijab or a scarf or some headwear to cover her face (might make audio difficult). Of course if she is stateside and doing it remotely wont have to matter or possibly in a back room closed off to any Saudi People in the stadium. Its hard to make an analogy that would make people understand in North America but that little video shown was really taboo to there religious beliefs. Almost if they showed Brokeback Mountain on tv in the 60s have many people and the FCC up in arms. but now that movie is on tv all the time (I know a time machine would be needed to air it back then.) So slightly in some aspects they are tying to make change but changes take time a lot of it in a civilizations of 1000s of years of beliefs.

Of course there is still many other troubling aspects about this show and WWE relationship.

1 Like

Any other talent will be so buried or fired (in enough time that passes that no one will think it has to do with this) As Far as the big names
-Brock he doesn’t give a bleep in it for the money
-Roman out of show anyways
-Braun (is still technically a mid carder and hasn’t held any major championship yet and hell he might be told he is winning it and god forbid if you turn down the title and only coming up.)
-Triple H WWE second in command he can’t back out after towing company line
-Kane Probably one last payday before he retires and or sets up one final taker match to end his storyline
-Undertaker again final probably biggest pay day ever for retirement. Also he probably none of that stuff is to do with me I put on a show mentality.
-HBK he is coming back for the money. but also of course since its with the undertaker under taker is waving his retirement clause (by that I mean im sure they had a convo and taker said you wouldn’t lose my respect by coming back and facing me. If taker had a problem with it at the very least HBK would be facing someone else.) as fair as religious beliefs there is a well known tv evangelist that came on his show and said what is one murder to back out of the arms deal and leave all that money on the table right after Trump said that. it seems that certain religious community has the same perspective too much money on the table. of course the tv evangelist has faced criticism.

Ironically AJ should be getting the most criticism for doing the show he the champ and not really the one of the old boys mentality of the show must go on and being paid tons of money like they are.

I wasn’t aware that there is a “technical” definition of midcarder. On what planet is he not considered a main event guy on the current roster? He could main event Wrestlemania tomorrow.

Calling bogus on that one. It’s most likely kids who will watch this show regardless of the controversy because they are kids and probably don’t know that Crown Jewel is not a country.