Daniel Bryan & "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt's Contract Signing Set For SmackDown

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/01/23/daniel-bryan-the-fiend-bray-wyatts-contract-signing-set-for-smackdown/

On Friday Night SmackDown’s Royal Rumble go-home show from Dallas, Texas, Daniel Bryan and “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt will meet in the ring to sign the contract for their Strap Match for the Universal Championship at the Royal Rumble. Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt’s match was made official weeks ago but it was last week that Bryan proposed the idea of a Strap Match because he ran “The Fiend” off as Wyatt was plotting on ambushing Glenn “Kane” Jacobs.

Daniel Bryan stated that the match will consist of a rope/strap that is tied around each participant’s hand and the winner of the match will be determined by pinfall, submission or any outlying rules that have yet to be officially announced.

WWE also announced that Roman Reigns is teaming with The Usos to take on King Corbin, Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode. At the Royal Rumble, both Reigns and Corbin are going to be in the 30-man Royal Rumble match but before that takes place, they’ll be competing against one another in a Falls Count Anywhere match inside Minute Maid Park in Houston.

.@WWERomanReigns & @WWEUsos are set to battle #King @BaronCorbinWWE, @HEELZiggler & @RealRobertRoode TOMORROW NIGHT on #SmackDown!https://t.co/8kz7OIe4oN

— WWE (@WWE) January 23, 2020

On top of the women’s and men’s Royal Rumble matches and the aforementioned bouts, Becky Lynch is defending the RAW Women’s Title against Asuka. The SmackDown Women’s Title will be on the line as Bayley defends against Lacey Evans, Shorty G vs. Sheamus is official, as well as Andrade defending the United States Championship against Humberto Carrillo.

The Fiend doing a contract signing? Really? I’ve given them a pass on this character, when a lot have been hating on it, but this is too much for me. I can’t buy this character as one that signs contracts. Especially not during in ring segments.

Does someone going through a table count as a signature? I’ve always wondered about the legality of a WWE contract signing segment

1 Like

True also you would have thought the contract would have already been signed.

It’s the equivalent of Connor McGregor and Donald Cerrone signing their contracts on the Thursday before the fight

1 Like

I don’t even know why they bother with contract signings unless there are special stipulations that both sides need to agree too. But yeah the Fiend signing a contract is beyond dumb. I’ve been done with the character since HITC, but it just gets worse.

1 Like

The visual of The Fiend doing a contract signing would be pretty hilarious.

I’m hoping that “contract signing” is just their way of advertising that both guys will be in the ring together. Because, even if the segment ends with the inevitable beatdown, that character picking up a pen and signing his name is stupid. Even him coming down the aisle to do anything other than fight immediately is stupid. At least send “Fun House” Bray if that’s going to be the case.