Daniel Cormier to be special guest referee for Rollins vs. Riddle at Extreme Rules

Originally published at Daniel Cormier to be special guest referee for Rollins vs. Riddle at Extreme Rules

UFC Hall of Famer Daniel Cormier will serve as special guest referee for the Fight Pit Match between Seth Rollins and Matt Riddle at Extreme Rules.

The news was revealed in a tweet by Ariel Helwani on Saturday night:

Breaking:

Daniel Cormier will serve as guest referee for next Saturday’s Fight Pit Match between Matt Riddle and Seth Rollins at WWE’s Extreme Rules in Philly. Oct. 8.

No, seriously. It’s really happening. Oct. 8.

Incredible. pic.twitter.com/Ri8tHOTcU1

— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) October 2, 2022

WWE confirmed the announcement with its own post, stating that further details would be revealed on Monday’s edition of Raw.

Extreme Rules takes place on Saturday, October 8th, at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.

Cormier, a former UFC Heavyweight, and Light Heavyweight Champion is a noted fan of professional wrestling. He currently serves as a color commentator for the UFC.

Love it! I’ve always been a big fan of Cormier. I wonder if this is a one time thing, or the beginning of something.

The start of a program for Brock? Would be a fun and interesting deal for Mania, but my gut says if anything comes of DC’s appearance, it had Saudi money written all over it.

1 Like

Cormier vs Brock in Saudi?

Should have brought back Shamrock. Shamrock vs Brock would actually be interesting.

10 years ago maybe, but isn’t he like 60 now?

So is Sting and he is still entertaining. In a match against Brock Lesnar, its a match Shamrock can get away with, because of the style he can work.

A Brock vs Cormier match, would just be another Cain match.

Ya, but I feel sting is the exception, not the rule. I just think a 60 year old Ken shamrock going up against a jacked Brock Lesnar is a tough visual.

We’re also talking about the most protected and visually intimidating opponent possible in Brock. I could believe shamrock going up against say Austin theory (not that I want to see it lol), but I can’t buy in to shamrock vs Lesnar. Even sting vs Lesnar would be a tough visual.

I wonder if they could get Cormier to commentate Smackdown while McAfee is away. Graves is super overexposed and he’s not needed twice a week