Daniel Garcia interested in going after Trios Titles with 2point0, thinks Parker & Menard might be AEW's biggest steals

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/08/02/daniel-garcia-interested-in-going-after-trios-titles-with-2point0-thinks-parker-menard-might-be-aews-biggest-steals/

2point0 labeled as the biggest steal for AEW by Daniel Garcia.

Prior to being part of the Jericho Appreciation Society, Daniel Garcia, Matt Menard and Angelo Parker were a trio in AEW. They’ve been working together on-screen for a full year.

Garcia heaped praise onto Menard and Parker during his appearance on the Battleground Podcast. He says when one looks back on where 2point0 was in NXT and compare that to what they’re doing now in AEW, they are greatest steal in the history of wrestling.

I saw something the other day online and it said 2point0, Matt Punk but they were the best signing in AEW history. If you look at where they were in NXT to what they’re doing now, it might be the greatest steal in the history of this business. It might be the greatest steal ever… It would be like signing Trae Young to a — finding him in the G-League and signing him to a rookie deal. That’s what that would be like.

AEW made the announcement that their first set of Trios Champions are going to be crowned at All Out in September. Garcia is interested in going after those belts with Menard and Parker or any combination of the Jericho Appreciation Society.

Yeah, I think that’s definitely an option that might be on the table for us Hager, maybe it’s Hager, Matt and Chris, maybe it’s Jeff, Matt and me but there are so many different options you can go.

Garcia is coming off of defeating Bryan Danielson at Fight For The Fallen. It was Danielson’s return bout and he lost via referee stoppage.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit the Battleground Podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.