Does anything at WM top a single match at Takeover?

“Disappointing” is interesting, because you’re right that it could have been a 25-30 minute classic. So in the regard of living up to what was expected of it, I can see how it would lose points for people.

Another factor is how it’s watched. I watched with a room full of guys losing our minds that it was happening first and that Seth “slayed the beast”. This group also had many different kinds of fans, some much deeper than others, so I remember it as a super fun way to open the show and break the ice.

1 Like

I think that’s it for me. I was really looking forward to it. I loved the triple threat rumble match with them so wanted more of the same. It was shocking though and much needed

It was shocking I’ll grant that I just don’t like the story of Rollins needing to “cheat” to slay the beast. It is a let down to the workhorse character he has built up. Also I wouldn’t say a good moment equals a good match. Cena has a pretty good moment. But I wouldn’t rank it up with top matches. I had a similar issue with the end of the Women’s match, it was a good match with a let down ending, that I felt did not help Becky’s character. If she got a “clean” pin or submission on Ronda the match is much more memorable. As for Riddle Dream, I liked that I was unsure of the outcome the whole time. It was solidly below the other matches on my ranking, and if the Women has a better finish it would be higher on my list.

I’m placing Bryan vs Kofi as my top match only because I watched NXT later and already knew the result. I’m sure if I watch them both 6 months from now that could change.

Gargano will be a contender for wrestler of the year if he stays a healthy champion.