Dominik Mysterio doesn't think the match against his father will happen, sees Rey "riding off into the sunset" happily

Originally published at Dominik Mysterio doesn't think the match against his father will happen

Dominik explains why he doesn’t think the singles match against his father will happen.

It has been almost two years since Dominik Mysterio made his WWE in-ring debut at SummerSlam. Since then, he and his father Rey Mysterio have gone on to become SmackDown Tag Team Champions on one occasion.

They are currently a part of the Raw brand and are scheduled to team up at WrestleMania 38 to take on The Miz and Logan Paul. Dominik was the most recent guest on Die Woche with Sebastian Hackl and as their conversation moved along, Dominik was asked about the idea of facing his father in a singles match.

Before he and Rey had their run together, he wanted that to happen but as of his mindset present day, Dominik sees his father riding off into the sunset on a happy note.

See, me personally, this is something that I’ve, you know, I’ve given a lot of thought and before I started wrestling and like, even my first match I would say, ‘Yeah, you know, why not wrestle against my dad?’ But, after everything we’ve been through now and seeing our relationship, how it’s grown and just, you know, we — it’s just different now. We’re on the road together, I drive for hours after the shows so it’s like that bond that we have has only gotten stronger and I just don’t see that ever happening. I see him riding off into the sunset, like a happy dude.

The Mysterios versus Miz and Logan Paul is scheduled for night one of WrestleMania 38. Also taking place on night one is Stone Cold Steve Austin confronting Kevin Owens.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit WWE Deutschland with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.