Dorian Roldán discusses AAA's relationship with AEW, thinks 'issues' have been solved

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/05/03/dorian-roldan-discusses-aaas-relationship-with-aew-thinks-issues-have-been-solved/

AAA’s working relationships with AEW and NWA. 

Since the launch of All Elite Wrestling, they’ve had a working relationship with AAA. That remains the same present day and that relationship presented a singles match between Kenny Omega and Mega Champion El Hijo del Vikingo on Dynamite

The rematch between the two talents is scheduled for Triplemanía on July 15th. AAA Director, Dorian Roldán, spoke about their relationship on The Business of the Business podcast

He feels things are going well and commented on the situation that saw Dragon Lee score a win over AEW’s FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler) and then announcing that he’s joining WWE. Dorian thinks all issues have been resolved and expressed that AAA is going to protect AEW as their partner. 

As everybody knows, in December when Dragon Lee was presented in WWE and all that stuff, there was a kind of — AEW was not so comfortable and even Konnan has been talking how was the conversation with Tony Khan about it. But right now I think we have solved all the issues. We are super, super respectful so we understand really well how was the position with AEW with the all the things happening with the Mexican market and with the Mexican talent. But for us, they are our partners, we are going to protect their interests. We are super happy working with them. I think they are giving a great window to the roster, to the Mexican roster as RUSH and Komander, Hijo del Vikingo so, I think, yes, right now, we are in a really good moment and momentum with AEW.

This past March, AAA collaborated with the National Wrestling Alliance to co-promote a show that took place at a music festival in Mexico City. Dorian is looking forward to continuing that relationship with NWA and potentially expanding into America with it. 

I think it was great, you know? (Roldan said about AAA & NWA’s The World is a Vampire show) It was in March. We started to have conversations with Billy Corgan and his team almost last year and it was the first show that happened in the festival and with the whole concert watching next to us, it was fantastic. It was good chemistry and everybody, Billy, ourselves, we were super happy with it and I think it was a good experiment. Let’s see what happens at least — for the next step, we are having discussions of how we can give follow up to this. I know that Billy has been in Australia having all sorts of awesome matches over there with the NWA and a local promotion but I think that it could be possibilities to expand this, maybe to America, maybe to another territory with the AAA brand. 

No, of course not (we’re not done working together). We are super happy, we’re working really well together and as a company, we try to have open reaches with all the other companies. 

The first of three Triplemanías this year took place on April 16th and to read a review of that, click here.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit The Business of the Business with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.