Dream Slam Weekly (Vol. 9): Pro-Wrestling EVE’s SHE-1, Thunder Rosa to TJPW

Originally published at DREAM SLAM WEEKLY: Pro-Wrestling EVE’s SHE-1, Thunder Rosa to TJPW

An Open Letter from Karen Peterson:

I want to apologize for the slight delay in this week’s DSW. With the announcement of the overturn of Roe v. Wade in the United States and as an individual who is directly impacted and affected by this, I needed time to process everything. As I write this, I am still processing it, especially my anger. Many of you may know that I do not have a poker face. If I am mad, upset, happy –what have you– you will certainly be able to tell. I am also an abhorrent liar, so as much as I tried to remain positive everything I wrote for this week’s opening felt saccharine and inauthentic. There is a difference in maintaining appearances for the sake of the deadline, but I could not look away yesterday. I could not pretend everything was going to be fine or act like nothing was wrong because it wasn’t. It isn’t. It won’t be for a long while either…

I thought very long and hard about how I would address my feelings about what I saw and what I have seen, especially in the last two years since the passing of Hana Kimura and Speaking Out, what I’ve experienced as a female fan since 1999, and now what I’ve witnessed in the last 24-hours as an American woman who chose not to have children… and as someone who would be living a very different life had safe options not be available to her. If she would have survived at all. I choose to keep that part of my life to myself and my family, but that does not mean that it hasn’t happened. Just like countless people around the world choose to keep such exceptionally personal decisions between themselves, their medical caretakers, and those the situation directly impacts. We shouldn’t be forced to tell our stories in order for people to believe how common such decisions are, just like victims shouldn’t be forced to come forward because someone “demands proof” or “it didn’t happen.”

I saw people in the wrestling community say ‘don’t make this political’ and ‘this isn’t about wrestling,’ but those individuals are overlooking the fact that wrestling, like everything else, is political, and if you cannot see that, you have privilege. If you go to a show and you don’t need to think about your safety because of your sex, gender, orientation, or the color of your skin, you have privilege. If you’re a fan of joshi and women’s wrestling, then you should be upset because this issue and potentially additional forthcoming changes could continue to impact the wrestling community entirely. You should be seeking ways to help support those around you or bare minimum seek to educate yourselves on why this affects everyone and try to understand that your situation isn’t the same as theirs, therefore you don’t get to dictate the terms of their life.

If you claim to love women’s wrestling or/and joshi, but you don’t believe the issues affecting the control over women’s bodily autonomy do not directly play into any of this, you are neither a champion nor a fan nor an ally. The discourse about very real issues affecting not only women, but including the LGBTQIA+ community, wrestlers of color, and transgender wrestlers, are as a much of a part of the fabric of the history of wrestling and it would behoove you to educate yourself as to why this is important and devastating to so many people. If you want to support women’s wrestling, you need to see beyond the spectacle of it, as social issues like this are very much a part of it because it directly affects those behind the curtain, at ringside, and in the audience.

No two pregnancies are alike, just like no two wrestlers’ injuries are alike. One person may completely heal and return to the ring, but someone else with the same exact injury may just be lucky to be alive and need to come to terms that they’ll never wrestle again. Every situation is different, especially when it comes to access to care, medical necessity, physical and mental health, and financial sustainability. Every individual body is different, and if we’ve learned anything from wrestling, nothing ever consistently goes one hundred percent according to plan. Accidents happen. Complications happen. Difficult decisions happen. Trauma happens. Personal values are subjective, just like opinions on wrestling. You may not agree with someone’s preference to be pro-choice, but their decisions don’t impact your life at the end of the day. Forcing your opinion isn’t magically going to change the other person’s opinion, and more importantly, at the end of the day, you won’t be the one responsible for the long-term booking of that individual and their family, nor will you be financing their future endeavors.

It’s their life. Let them choose what to do with it.

If you’ve listened to my conversation with Bruce and Dave on POSTmarks, you will also know that I am not one who likes to share too much either, so even expressing myself this way is exceptionally difficult– and honestly– terrifying. I am thankful to everyone at POST who has supported me, validated my feelings, and let me be heard. That’s always been one of the trademarks of the POST Community: a safe space.

I hope you’ll continue this learning excursion journey with me, but if you don’t that’s your choice (see what I did there). I’m not going to apologize or force anyone to stay around my nook that doesn’t want to be here as POST has plenty of other wonderful content creators and writers. However, if you want to learn more, open your minds and hearts, and let’s discuss it.

International Excursions & Adventures

Results!

Pro-Wrestling EVE’s SHE-1 (June 18th-19th) – VENY (Asuka) & Takumi Iroha join ten other exceptionally talented women in this four-show, three-block, two-day wrestling spectacular. Blocks were assigned on June 15th.

• A Block: VENY, RHIO, Skye Smitson (EVE Tag Team Champion), & Alex Windsor
  • B Block: KASEY, Rhia O’Reilly (EVE Tag Team Champion), Laura Di Matteo, & Jetta (EVE Champion)
  • C Block: Charlie Morgan, Takumi Iroha (Marvelous), Emersyn Jayne, & Safire Reed replaced Jamie Hayter.

Live Streams The archive will be YT Channel Members on the EVE CHampion ($9.99) EVEonDemand Tier only.

SHE-1 Show 1 (6/18) Afternoon Results

• S1 Block C Match: Emersyn Jayne (5:40)
  • S1 Block A Match: Sky Smitson (10:22)
  • S1 Block C Match: Takumi Iroha (10:45)
  • S1 Block B Match: Jetta (11:32) – Note: Non-Title Match
  • S1 Block A Match: VENY (10:58)
  • S1 Block B Match: Laura Di Matteo (11:49)

SHE-1 Show 2 (6/18) Evening Results

• S1 Block C Match: Charlie Morgan (6:50)
  • S1 Block B Match: Jetta – No Contest (5:30)
  • S1 Block A Match: Alex Windsor (9:06)
  • S1 Block A Match: Rhio (9:17)
  • S1 Block B Match: Kasey – No Contest (0:15)
  • S1 Block B Fatal 4-Way Double or Nothing Match: Kasey (5:11)
  • S1 Block C Match: Emersyn Jayne (11:57)

SHE-1 Show 3 (6/18) Results

• S1 Block C Match: Takumi Iroha (10:43)
  • S1 Block A Match: Alex Windsor (11:52)
  • S1 Block B Match: Kasey (10:28) – Non-Title Match
  • S1 Block B Match: Rhia O’Reilly (10:33) – Non-Title Match
  • S1 Block C Match: Emersyn Jayne (13:40)
  • S1 Block A Match: VENY (9:12)

SHE-1 Show 4 (6/18) Results

• Tag Match: The Royal Aces (Charlie Morgan & Jetta) defeated Laura Di Matteo & Martina (9:10)
  • Singles Match: Rhio defeated Rayne Leverkusen (8:11)
  • Tag Match: The Uprising (Rhia O’Reilly & Skye Smitson) defeated Takumi Iroha & VENY (9:01)
  • Singles Match: Kanji defeated Nightshade (13:38)
  • SHE-1 2022 Final: Alex Windsor defeated Emersyn Jayne (18:36)

英国から映像が届きました。

アレックス・ウィンザー @HailWindsor「SHE-1で優勝した今、アレックス・ウィンザーの次の目標について考えなければならないわ。このことについて沢山考えたんだけど、私がワールドワイドな存在になるためには、インターナショナルチャンピオンになる必要がある。」#tjpw pic.twitter.com/B8m1Vr8kkK

— 東京女子プロレス (@tjpw2013) June 20, 2022

During her victory speech, Alex Windsor not only challenges Laura Di Matteo for her International Championship but also challenges TJPW’s International Princess Champion, Maki Itoh! TJPW announced the following morning that Windsor would be in attendance at Summer Sun Princess with the match again Itoh official.

長与千種、殿堂入りの授賞式が行われたようです。

ありがとうございます😊#Marvelouspro #長与千種#ChigusaNagayo#prowestlingEVE pic.twitter.com/Hb0VFbbETM

— マーベラスプロレス Marvelous (@info_marvelous) June 20, 2022

EVE’s Dann Read inducted Chigusa Nagayo into their Hall of Fame!

Coming Soon!

Introductions & Round-up (alphabetical)

AWG

ACT Wrestling in Osaka (6/19) Results

• Singles Match: Wild Bunny defeated Nagisa Shiotsuki (7:31)
  • 6-Person Tag Match: Allen, Kyoka Iwai & Mii defeated Naru, Riko Fukunaga & Sakura Mizushima (11:01)
  • Tag Match: CHIAKI & Misa Matsui defeated Ayano Irie & Natsuki (12:12)
  • Singles Match: Mari defeated Natsumi Sumikawa (7:53)
  • Tag Team Match: Kouki & Marino Saihara defeated Miku Aono & Naho Yamada (14:34)

ACT Wrestling in Osaka (6/22) Results

• Singles Point Match: Sakura Mizushima defeated Naho Yamada (6:25)
  • Tag Team Match: Kouki/Wild Bunny defeated Nagisa Shiotsuki/Naru (8:36)
  • Singles Match: Misa Matsui defeated Kyoka Iwai (8:55)
  • Tag Team Point Match: Ayano Irie/Mari defeated Mii/Natsumi Sumikawa (13:27)
  • Singles Point Match: Miku Anou defeated Natsuki (8:22)

DIANA

This weekend!

Yamagata (6/25) Match Card Results TBA

• Opening Singles Match: Himiko vs. Miran
  • DEWA ProWorks Exhibition Tag Match
  • Singles Match: Miyuki Takase & Deborah K
  • Tag Match: Mika Iwata & Madeline vs. Yuu & Chihiro Hashimoto
  • 6-Woman Tag match: Ayako Sato, Jaguar Yokota & Haruka Umesaki vs. Kyoko Inoue, Aja Kong & Nanami

Yamagata (6/26) Match Card

• Opening Singles Match: Nanami vs. Miran
    • DEWA ProWorks Exhibition 6-Man Tag Match
    • Singles Match: Yuu & Deborah K
    • Tag Match: Miyuki Takase & Haruka Umesaki vs. AKINO & Himiko
    • 6-Woman Tag match: Kyoko Inoue, Mayumi Ozaki & Ayako Sato vs. Jaguar Yokota, Aja Kong & Madeline

Gatoh Move & ChocoPro

Minoru Suzuki invites Mei Suruga to participate in a festival in Shin-Yokohama! During an episode of ChocoTalk with Emi Sakura, she and Mei Suruga chatted with Minoru Suzuki for nearly three hours. Near the end of the show, he mentions that in October (1st & 2nd), the same group that organized his Big Pirate Festival (yes, the one where he and Okada went for 30 minutes in the rain to a time limit draw), wanted to put together another show, including live music and wrestling.

He casually says, “…so I’m in charge of the pro-wrestling side of the event, so are you interested in participating?”

Emi Sakura: “I might be in America then, but if Mei and the others want to go, please!”

• ChocoPro Live! #236 – Baliyan Akki vs. Shin Suzuki
  • ChocoPro Live! #237Best Bros vs. Chie & Emi Sakura
  • ChocoPro live! #238Beauty As Is vs. EggTart

Upcoming Appearances

Ganbare☆Pro Wrestling

GanPro Special Mixed Match (6/29) ShinKiba: Shuichiro Katsumura, YuuRi & Yuna Manase vs. Mizuki Watase, Moeka Haruhi & Harukaze

Wrestle Sekigahara (7/10)

• GanPro/DDT Trios Match: GP (Shinichiro Tominaga, Mizuki Watase, & Moeka Haruhi) vs. Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi, Saki Akai & Hideki Okatani)
  • Singles Match: Yuna Manase (GanPro) vs. Unagi Sayaka (Stardom)

Upcoming Appearances:

• YuuRi vs. Mai Sakurai (Stardom) New Blood 3 (7/8)

Girls’ Pro-Wrestling Unit COLOR’S
Next Big Event: Yes, My Way 3 (7/15) ShinKiba 1st Ring

• Three-Way Battle (1/15): Maika Ozaki vs. Kakeru Sekiguchi vs. Momo Tani
  • Singles Match (1/20): Yuko Sakurai (COLOR’S) vs. Yumiko Hotta
  • Tag Match (1/20): Hikari Shimizu (COLOR’S) & Tae Honma vs. Kako Kobayashi & Sakuran Bonita
  • Semi-Final Singles Match (1/20): Rina Amikura (COLOR’S) vs. Takumi Iroha
  • Main Event 6-Woman Tag (1/30): SAKI (COLOR’S), Riko Kawahata & Makoto vs. Kaori Yoneyama, Momoka Hanazono & Yuna Mizumori

Upcoming Appearances

• Stardom: SAKI & Hikari Shimizu (6/28) Korakuen Hall; 8-Woman Tag with Pink Kabuki (Mina Shirakawa & Unagi Sayaka) against Queen’s Quest (UtamiHayashishita, Saya Kamitani, AZM & Lady C)

GLEAT

G Pro-Wrestling #28 Results (6/19; Sapporo ii-one Stadium, Hokkaido)

• Tag Match: Michiko Miyagi & Hamuko Hoshi (Ice Ribbon) defeated Ami Kanda (Hokuto PW) & Yappy (Ice Ribbon) (10:50)

Next Big Event: Anniversary Show (7/1; Tokyo Dome City Hall)

• Nanae Takahashi, Michiko Miyagi & Yukari Hosokawa versus Sendai Girls (Dash Chisako, Yurika Oka & Mika Iwata)

Ice Ribbon

CMLL to send Superestrellas to Ice Ribbon! On June 8th, CMLL announced on their program CMLL Informa that Dalys and Stephanie Vaquer will be Japan bound in late July. They will participate on IR’s 7/31 card at Korakuen Hall.

Next Show: Yokohama Ribbon (Tournament Quarter-Finals; 6/18) – Yokohama Radiant Hall

• Exhibition Match (1/3): Hamiko Hoshi vs. Arisa Shinose (3:00) – Time Limit Draw
  • Tournament Match: Tae Honma defeated Totoro Satsuki (11:03)
  • Tag Match (1/20): Asahi & Kaho Matsushita defeated Cherry & Kiku (12:30)
  • 8-Woman Match (1/30): Hami Hoshi, Yuko Sakurai (COLOR’S), Sumika Yanagawa (JTO), NATSUMI (ChoHanabi) defeated Ram Kaicho (666), Rina Yamashita, Maya Yukihi & Saran (16:06)
  • Tournament 2nd Round Match: Saori Anou defeated A~min (Rina Amikura) (9:54)
  • Tournament 2nd Round Match: Yuki Mashiro defeated Makoto (14:51)
  • Tournament 2nd Round Match: Ibuki Hoshi defeated Maika Ozaki (14:18)

IR 1209 Matches (6/25) Ice Ribbon Dojo

• Tag Match (1/15): Yuki Mashiro/AKARI (PURE-J) defeated Ibuki Hoshi/Yuko Sakurai (COLOR’S) (9:12)
  • Singles Match (1/10): Misa Kagura (JTO) defeated Saran (7:59)
  • Singles Match (1/10): A~Min (Rina Amikura) defeated Sumika Yanagawa (JTO) (9:12)
  • Tag Match (1/20): Asahi/Kaho Matsushita defeated Totoro Satsuki/Yappy (10:59)

IR 1210 (6/26) Korakuen Hall

• Tournament Semi-Final (1/15): Yuki Mashiro vs. Ibuki Hoshi
  • Tournament Semi-Final (1/15): Saori Anou vs. Tae Honma
  • 6-Woman Tag (1/20): Cherry, Kiku & Yappy vs. GPU COLOR’S (SAKI, Hikari Shizimu & Yuko Sakurai)
  • Singles Debut Match (1/15): Maika Ozaki vs. Arisa Shinose (Formal Debut)
  • Tag Match (1/20): Ram Kaicho (Triple Six) & Saran vs. Maya Yukihi & Natsumi
  • Tag Match (1/20): Makoto & Hamuko Hoshi vs. A-min (COLOR’S) and Misa Kagura (JTO)
  • International Ribbon Tag Championship (1/30): Yuna Manase (GanPro) & Totoro Satsuki vs. Asahi & Kaho Matsushita; Second defense for the 56th Champions
  • Tournament Finals (1/No Time Limit): Winner Anou/Honma vs. Winner Mashiro/Hoshi

Princess’ Party Vol. 4 (6/29)

• Alice Project’s Masked Girls (Kamen Joshi), the performers of Kaho Matsushita’s entrance song, “Fanfare,” will be the musical guest.
  • Chiitan will also be in attendance.
  • Two wrestling match planned; TBA

ICE RIBBON 2022 Schedule

• IR 1211 (7/2)
  • IR1212 Skip City Hall (7/3)
    • IR 1213 (7/9) Ice Ribbon Dojo
    • IR 1214 (7/16) Ice Ribbon Dojo
    • Yokohama Ribbon July 2022 (7/18) Yokohama Radiant Hall
    • IR 1216 (7/23) Ice Ribbon Dojo
    • IR 1217 (7/30) Ice Ribbon Dojo
  • Summer Jamboree Ribbon (7/31) Korakuen Hall
  • Full schedule through RibbonMania (December 31, 2022) at link above

JUST TAP OUT

The Queen of JTO Tournament finals will see Tomoka Inaba and Aoi square off at JTO’s Third Anniversary Show on July 9th. Misa Kagura, rhythm & Sumika Yanagawa are also listed on the poster.

Tomoko Inaba & Aoi’s Second Self-Produced Show Announced! Saturday, August 6th at Basement Monstar Ouji, AOTOMO II will be held. Participants are TBA, but tickets are now on sale.

Marvelous

Mio Momono Return Show Live Stream Tickets (6/24) Momono has been out for quite some time with an injury but recently, she announced her clearance and return to in-ring action. Marvelous is heavily promoting her return, complete with English instructions on how to order the live stream in English!

ShinKiba 1st Ring (6/24) Results

• Three-Wat Match (1/20): Hibiscus Mii defeated Riko Kawahata and Maria (9:14)
  • Tag Match (1/20): Tomoko Watanabe/Itsuki Aoki defeated Ai Houzan/Yurika Oka (13:24)
  • Singles Match (1/15): Shoji Ohno defeated Leo Isaka (0:13)
  • Mio Momono’s Return Match (1/30): Takumi Iroha/Chikako Nagashima defeated Mio Momono/Rin Kadokura (22:23)

Next Show: Kariya (7/9) Aiai Hall, Kariya City Industrial Promotion Center, Aichi Prefecture

Marvelous 2022 Calendar

• Osaka (7/10) 176BOX, Osaka Prefecture
  • ShinKiba 1st Ring (7/22)
  • Korakuen (8/8)
  • Yokohama (8/14) venue TBA
  • ShinKiba 1st Ring (8/23)
  • Tochigi (9/4) Oyama City Culture Center, Tochigi Prefecture
  • Oita (9/11) Nakatsu Sports Center, Oita Prefecture
  • ShinKiba 1st Ring (9/16)
  • Chiba (9/23) TKP Garden City

NOMADS’ Freelance Summit! Volume 2 (8/5) Shinjuku FACE (TRAILER)

Update!! Saori Anou, Maika Ozaki & Tae Honma announced for the August 5th Freelance Summit. They join the events committee and first-round announcement participants: Hiroyo Matsumoto, Yuu & GPU COLOR’S (SAKI, Yuki Sakurai, Hikari Shimizu & Rina Amikura).

OZ Academy

Noise, Noise, Noise! (6/19) Results Shinjuku FACE

• Opening Singles Match (1/20): Hiroyo Matsumoto defeated Itsuki Aoki (11:56)
  • Tag Match (1/30): Tsubasa Kuragaki & Tae Honma (X) defeated Maya Yukihi & Saori Anou (18:34)
  • Semi-Main Event: OZ Academy Pioneer3-Way Championship Match (1/30): Momoka Hanazono defeated Rina Yamashita & Mayumi Ozaki – via Count Out
  • Main Event: 6-Woman Tag Match (Three Falls/60-Minute Time Limit!) Beast Friend (Aja Kong, Kaori Yoneyama & Yuu) defeated MISSION K4 (AKINO, Sonoko Kato, & Kakeru Sekiguchi)

Next Show: Shinjuku FACE (7/18)

Nagoya Diamond Hall (7/31) Full Match Card TBD

• OZ Academy Pioneer 3-WAY: Masked Hanahana vs. AKINO vs Momoka Hanazono

Korakuen Hall (8/21)

• OZ Academy Openweight Championship: AKINO © vs. Rina Yamashita

OZ Academy Next Tag Team Challenger Tournament: First Round 7/19 & 7/31, Finals 8/21, & Winning Team challenges Hiroyo Matsumoto/Rina Yamashita on 9/11.

Participating teams: Sonoko Kato/Ryo Mizunami, Tsubasa Kuragaki/Itsuki Aoki, Chihiro Hashimoto/Yuu, Kaori Yoneyama/Kakeru Sekiguchi

OZ Academy 2022 Calendar

• Nagoya Diamond Hall (7/31)
  • Bad Moon Rising (9/11) Shinjuku FACE
  • Bad Moon Rising Osaka (9/18) 176BOX
  • Battle Big Bonus in Okinawa (10/16)
  • Nagoya Diamond Hall (11/27)
  • Bad Moon Rising Osaka (12/11) 176BOX

Prominence

Prominence 3: Haten Kouen (Catching Fire) (6/25) – ShinKiba 1st Ring

• Have a Nice DIE Special Match: Yoshihisa Uto vs. Super Hardcore Machine (5:28)
  • Singles Match: Kohei Sato defeated Akane Fujita (7:47)
  • DUAL SHOCK WAVE Tag Match (1/30): vs. Ms. Mongol & Mochi Natsumi defeated Hibiscus Mii & Kohaku (14:03) – Yuki Miyazaki was removed due to injury.
  • Tag Match: Risa Sera & Chris Brookes defeated Miyako Matsumoto & Toshiyuki Sakuda (23:28)
  • Suzu Suzuki 10 Match Challenge Match #1: Violent Jack defeated Suzu Suzuki (16:38)

After the match, Jack told Suzu, “learn more, get stronger, and we’ll revisit this.”

Prominence 4 (7/17) Kurumi Hiiragi Returns! – Full Card TBA

• Suzu Suzuki 10 Match Challenge Match #1: Drew Parker vs. Suzu Suzuki
  • Kurumi Hiiragi Return Match: Team 200KG (Chihiro Hashimoto/Yuu) vs. Kurumi/Ryo Mizunami

PURE-J

Results (6/19) Kame Dojo, Tokyo

• No Dirty Words/Polite Speech Only Match: KAZUKI defeated CREA (8:18)
  • 3-Way Match (with Penalty Game): Madeline (DIANA) defeated Rydeen Hagane & Leon (11:26)
  • Because They’re Young Tag Match: CREA/AKARI defeated Momo Tani/Chie Ozora (12:10)

Next Show: ShinKiba (6/26) Tag Tournament Participants

What I love about the concept of this tournament, is the pairing of wrestlers who are of the same career length! There are match-ups with a long-grounded history and others that are first-time in their careers. The links feature interviews with some of the participants where they announce who their partner is and each one has a free match included! If you are curious, please check them out! The matches have not yet been announced, and I am not sure if this is the complete list of participants just yet, but this is a fun way to hook people into PURE-J and some other smaller promotions.

SEAdLINNNG

Next Show: ~Early Summer Games~ (6/30) – Korakuen Hall

• 6-Woman Tag Match (1/30): Misa Kagura (JTO), Hanako Nakamori (PURE-j) & Arisa Nakajima © vs. SAKI & Yuko Sakurao (COLOR’S) & Riko Kawahata (T-HEARTS)
  • Single Match (1/15): Ayame Sasamura (2AW) vs. Rico Kaiju (SEAdLINNNG)
  • BEYOND THE SEA Tag Championship (1/30): ASUKA/MAKOTO vs. Amazon/Rina Yamashita

SEAdLINNNG 2022 Calendar

• Rico Kaiju’s Debut Anniversary Celebration (7/13) ShinKiba 1st Ring
    • ShinKiba 1st Ring (7/26)
  • SEAdLINNNG Seven Anniversary Show (8/17) Korakuen Hall
  • ShinKiba 1st Ring (8/31)
    • Shinjuku FACE (9/22)
    • Korakuen Hall (10/19)
  • Yokohama Flash 2022 (11/12) Yokohama Radiant Hall
  • SEAdLINNNG of the Year 2022 (12/28) Korakuen Hall

Sendai Girls

Miyagino Ward Cultural Center (6/19) Results

• Single Match (1/15): Tomoko Inaba (JTO) defeated Manami (9:33)
  • Single Match (1/15): Ryo Mizunami defeated Yurika Oka (12:33)
  • Single Match (1/20): Chihiro Hashimoto defeated Maria (Marvelous) (11:42)
  • Tag Match (1/30): Mika Iwata/Miyuki Takase defeated Dash Chisako/Kaho Kobayashi (17:22)

SenJo Upcoming Appearances:

• DIANA (6/25): Chihiro Hashimoto & Mika Iwata
  • GLEAT Anniversary Show (7/1) Dash Chisako, Miya Iwata & Yurika Oka

SenJo Chronicle (7/10) Korakuen Hall

• World Junior Championship (1/30): Tomoko Inaba © (JTO) vs. Yurika Oka
    • Singles Match (1/15): Kyusei Sakura Hirota vs. Rydeen Hagane
  • 6-Woman Tag Match (1/20): Ryo Mizunami, Yuu & Manami vs. Risa Sera (Prominence), Ayame Sasamura (2AW) & Aoi (JTO)
  • Tag Match: Red Energy (Miyuki Takase/Mika Iwata) vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto/Saori Anou
  • Semi-Main Hardcore Match (1/30): Dash Chisako vs. Suzu Suzuki (Prominence)
  • Main Event: SenJo World Championship (1/30): Chihiro Hashimoto © vs. ASUKA

SenJo 2022 Calendar

• SenJo Chronicle (7/15) Miyagino Ward Cultural Center
    • SenJo (8/13) Miyagino Ward Cultural Center
    • SenJo (9/3) ShinKiba 1st Ring
    • SenJo (9/14) Miyagino Ward Cultural Center
    • SenJo x Punch Tahara’s 30th Anniversary Show (9/20) Shinjuku FACE
    • SenJo Keep Burning (10/10) Shinjuku FACE
    • Women’s Pro-Wrestling BIG SHOW in Niigata (10/30) Niigata City Gymnasium
    • SenJo Queen of the Ring (11/20) Korakuen Hall 11:30AM

Stardom

Miyagi Results (6/18) Sendai PIT

• Purple Stars B-Block: Hina (6:31)
    • Purple Stars A-Block: Rina (7:16)
    • Three-Way Battle: Koguma defeated Unagi Sayaka vs. Saki Kashima (7:48)
    • 6-Woman Tag Match: STARS (Mayu Iwatani, Hanan & Hazuki) defeated Cosmic Angels (Tam Nakano, Mina Shirakawa, & Waka Tsukiyama) (13:03)
    • Tag Match: DDM (Giulia & Himeka) defeated STARS (Saya Iida & Momo Kohgo) (10:02)
    • Tag Match: AphroditE (Utami Hayashishita & Saya Kamitani) defeated DDM (Maika & Mai Sakurai) (10:59)
    • 6-Woman Tag Match: God’s Eye (Syuri, MIRAI & Ami Sorei) defeated. OET (Ruaka, Starlight Kid, & Ruaka) (13:17)

Yamagata Results (6/19) Yamagata Big Wing

• Purple Stars A-Block: Ami Sorei (6:20)
  • Singles Match: Himeka (DDM) defeated Waka Tsukiyama (Cosmic Angels) (6:45)
    • Singles Match: Maika (DDM) defeated Lady C (QQ) (8:26
    • Tag Match: God’s Eye (Syuri/MIRAI) defeated DDM (Giulia/Mai Sakurai) (13:21)
    • 6-Woman Tag Match: Cosmic Angels (Tam Nakano, Mina Shirakawa & Unagi Sayaka) vs. Queen’s Quest (Utami Hayashishita, Saya Kamitani & Miyu Amasaki) (15:00) – Time Limit Draw
    • 8-Woman Tag Match: OedoTai (Saki Kashima, Ruaka, Starlight Kid & Momo Watanabe) defeated STARS (Mayu Iwatani, Hazuki, Koguma & Saya Iida) (14:55)

Kyoto (6/25) KBS Hall

• Purple Stars A-Block: Miyu Amasaki (8:20)
  • Purple Stars B-Block: Ruaka (7:27)
  • Tag Match: DDM (Himeka/Natsupoi) defeated STARS (Saya Iida/Hazuki) (8:24)
  • 6-Woman Tag Match: Queen’s Quest (Utami Hayashishita, AZM, Saya Kamitani) vs. Donna del Mondo (Giulia, Maika & Mai Sakurai) – Time Limit Draw
  • 6-Woman Tag Match: OedoTai (Saki Kashima, Starlight Kid & Momo Watanabe) defeated Cosmic Angels (Tam Nakano, Mina Shirakawa & Unagi Sayaka) (12:34)
  • 6-Woman Tag Match: God’s Eye (Syuri, MIRAI & Ami Sorei) defeated STARS (Mayu Iwatani, Koguma, & Momo Kohgo) (15:11)

5☆GP Purple Stars Week 2.5 Standings:

• 8 Points: Sorei
  • 4 Points: Amasaki, Ruaka, Rina
  • 3 Points: Iida, Lady C, Hina
  • 2 Points: Sakurai, Kohgo
  • 0 Points: Tsukiyama

6/28 Korakuen Hall

• Purple Stars A-Block: Momo Kohgo
  • Purple Stars B-Block: Saya Iida
  • Purple Stars B-Block: Mai Sakurai
  • Singles Match: Starlight Kid vs. Waka Tsukiyama
  • Captain’s Fall 4-Way Unit Battle: God’s Eye (Syuri, MIRAI & Ami Sorei) vs. OET (Momo Watanabe, Saki Kashima & Fukigen Death) vs. DDM (Giulia, Maika & Himeka) vs. STARS (Mayu Iwatani, Hazuki & Koguma)
  • 8-Woman Tag Match: Queen’s Quest (Utami Hayashishita, Saya Kamitani, AZM & Lady C) vs. Comic x COLOR’s (Mina Shirakawa & Unagi Sayaka and SAKI and Hikari Shimizu)
  • Main Event: Match 2-of-2: Tam Nakano vs. Natsupoi

Medical Updates

• AZM – Returned 6/25 in Kyoto
  • Natsupoi – Returned 6/25 in Kyoto
  • Thekla – pulled from all shows between June 4th and June 25th; no match announced for 6/26 or 6/28
  • Natsuko Tora – No announced in-ring return yet.

Road to MidSummer Champions

Osaka (7/2) Edion Arena Gym #2

• 3-Way Bout: Lady C vs. Momo Kohgo vs. Thekla
  • Tag Match: STARS (Mayu Iwatani/Saya Iida) vs. OET (Saki Kashima/Fukigen Death)
  • Singles Match: Syuri vs. Mai Sakurai
  • 6-Woman Tag Match: Queen’s Quest (Utami Hayashishita, Saya Kamitani & AZM) vs. OedoTai (Momo Watanabe, Starlight Kid & Ruaka)
    • 8-Woman Tag Match: Donna del Mondo (Giulia, Maika, Himeka & Natsupoi) vs. Cosmic Angels (Tam Nakano, Mina Shirakawa, Unagi Sayaka & Waka Tsukiyama)
  • Goddesses of Stardom Tag Team Championship: FWC (Hazuki/Koguma) © STARS vs. God’s Eye (MIRAI/Ami Sorei)

Toyohashi (7/3) Loisir Hotel Toyohashi Holiday Square, Aichi Prefecture

• Singles Match: Mai Sakurai vs. Saki Kashima
  • Tag Match: Koguma/Momo Kohgo vs. Giulia/Thekla
  • 6-Woman Tag Match: DDM (Maika, Himeka & Natsupoi) vs. OET (Momo Watanabe, Starlight Kid & Ruaka)
  • 6-Woman Tag Match: God’s Eye (Syuri, MIRAI & Ami Sorei) vs. STARS (Mayu Iwatani, Hazuki & Saya Iida)
  • 8-Woman Tag Match: Queen’s Quest (Utami Hayashishita, Saya Kamitani, AZM & Lady C) vs. Cosmic Angels (Tam Nakano, Mina Shirakawa, Unagi Sayaka & Waka Tsukiyama)

Full Match Cards in last week’s Dream Slam Weekly (Vol. 8)

• New Blood 3 (7/8)
  • MidSummer Champions Tokyo Tachikawa Stage Garden (7/9)

Stardom 2022 Calendar

• Stardom in Showcase (7/23)
  • MidSummer Champions Nagoya (7/24)
  • Five Star Grand Prix 2022 Opening Weekend (7/30-31)
    • Five Star Grand Prix 2022 – Hamamatsu, Shizuoka (8/28) – possible mid-tournament PPV
    • Five Star Grand Prix 2022 Finals (10/1) – Musashino Forest Sports Center
  • STARDOM x NJPW (11/20) – Ariake Arena

Tokyo Joshi Pro-Wrestling (TJPW)

Additional Attack (6/19) Card – with English Commentary by Chris Brookes & Baliyan Akki

• Singles Match: Kaya Toribami defeated Arisu Endo (7:38)
  • Tag Match: Mahiro Kiryu/Yuki Kamifuku defeated Nao Kakuta/Neko Haruna (10:11)
    • Three-Way Match: Yuki Aino defeated Raku vs. Pom Harajuku (7:11)
    • Singles Match: Miu Watanabe defeated Juria Nagano (7:22)
    • Tag Match: Saki Akai/Yuki Arai (SKE48) defeated Moka Miyamoto/Miyu Yamashita (14:26)
  • Tag Match: Suzume/Rika Tatsumi defeated Maki Itoh/Hikari Noa (12:59)
  • Princess Tag Team Championship: Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki/Mizuki) © defeated Kyoraku Kyomei (Shoko Nakajima/Hyper Misao) (19:03) – The 9th Champions’ 5th Defense

Thunder Rosa Announced for Summer Sun Princess! At Additional Attack, it was announced that the AEW Women’s World Champion, Thunder Rosa, would make her return to TJPW for the first time in over two years. Her opponent will be Miyu Yamashita in a singles match. Their previous meeting was in 6-woman tag where Rosa tagged with Allysin Kay and Yuki Kamifuku to defeat Yamashita, Miu Watanabe & Shoko Nakajima in 2019.

【速報】

『SUMMER SUN PRINCESS '22』
☆7月9日(土)大田区総合体育館
⚡️サンダー・ロサvs山下実優@thunderrosa22 is making her return to #tjpw for the first time in over 2 years!

She will be facing @miyu_tjp at #tjpwSSP22. The whole world will have their eyes on this match!#AEW pic.twitter.com/jNWw2f4eZM

— 東京女子プロレス (@tjpw2013) June 19, 2022

Road to Summer Sun Princess: TJPW City Circuit

Kobe Arts Center (6/25) Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture

• Singles Match: Hikari Noa defeated Mahiro Kiryu (8:13)
  • 3-Way Match: Hyper Misao defeated Neko Haruna vs. Kaya Toribami (9:02)
  • Singles Match: Maki Ito defeated Pom Harajuku (8:58)
  • 6-Woman Tag: Yuki Aino, Yuki Kamifuku & Yuki Arai defeated Yuka Sakazaki, Raku & Arisu Endo (12:04)
  • Tag Match: Mizuki/Nao Kakuta defeated Miyu Yamashita/Moka Miyamoto (11:03)
  • Tag Match: Rika Tatsumi/Miu Watanabe defeated Suzume/Shoko Nakajima (15:47)

Nishitetsu Hall (6/26) Fukuoka Prefecture

• Singles Match: Moka Miyamoto vs. Kaya Toribami
  • 3-Way Match: Rika Tatsumi vs. Yuki Kamifuku vs. Raku
  • 6-Woman Tag: Yuka Sakazaki, Mizuki & Mahiro Kiryu vs. Miu Watanabe, Pom Harajuku & Yuki Arai
  • Singles Match: Hyper Misao vs. Arisu Endo
  • Tag Match: Hikari Noa & Nao Kakuta vs. Suzume/Neko Haruna
  • Tag Match: Shoko Nakajima/Yuki Aino vs. Miyu Yamashita/Maki Itoh

Next Marquee Event: Summer Sun Princess (7/9) Ota Ward Gymnasium – full card announced (6/21/22)

1. Singles Match: Moka Miyamoto vs. Juria Nagano
  2. 8-Woman Tag Match: Yuki Aino, Aja Kong, Pom Harajuku & Raku vs. Hyper Misao, Nao Kakuta, Neko Haruna & Kaya Toribami
  3. Singles Match: Miu Watanabe vs. Willow Nightingale
  4. Tag Match: Hikari Noa/Hikaru Shida vs. Yuki Kamifuku/Mahiro Kiryu
  5. International Princess Championship: Maki Itoh © vs. Alex Windsor, EVE SHE-1 2022 Winner
  6. Tag Match: Suzume/Mei Sugura (Gatoh Move) vs. Arisu Endo/Riho
  7. Special Singles Match: Thunder Rosa ©AEW vs. Miyu Yamashita
  8. Princess Tag Championship: Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki/Mizuki) vs. Saki Akai/Yuki Arai (SKE48) – The 9th Champions’ 6th Defense
  9. Princess of Princess Championship: Shoko Nakajima © vs. Rika Tatsumi

Tokyo Princess Cup Bracket & Participants Announced The ninth annual Princess Cup will be held between July 16th-August 14th. The twenty participants will include: Shoko Nakajima, Yuka Sakazaki, Miyu Yamashita, Rika Tatsumi, Mizuki, Hyper Misao, Yuki Aino, Yuki Kamifuku, Nao Kakuta, Hikari Noa, Miu Watanabe, Raku, Suzume, Arisu Endo, Moka Miyamoto, Yuki Arai, Neko Haruna, Pom Harajuku, Mahiro Kiryu & Kaya Toribami.

Last year’s winner, Maki Itoh, will be at GCW’s Homecoming on August 14th, so she will not be participating. Additionally, Juria Nagano has scheduling conflicts, so she will not participate in the tournament either. Yamashita also has international dates, so her bracket placement will likely hinge on this.

TJPW 2022Calendar

• The Tokyo Princess Cup 2022 Tournament: (7/15-8/13) various locations; seven dates
  • Wrestle Princess III: (10/9) Tokyo Dome City Hall

WAVE

CHIBA WAVE vol. 1 (6/18)

• Tag Match: Hikaru Shimizu, Kohaku & Miyuki Takase defeated Nagisa Nozaki & Sakura Hirota (16:06)
  • Future Block: Suzu Suzuki (Prominence) (13:08)
  • Hardcore Block: Risa Sera (Prominence) (13:20)
  • Kicking Block: Hanako Nakamori – Time Limit Draw
  • Strong Arm Block: Ayame Sasamura (2AW) (12:59)

Weekday WAVE vol. 125 (6/22) – Shinjuku FACE

• Strong Arm Block: Miyuki Takase (10:17)
  • Comical Block: Kyusei Sakura Hirota – Time Limit Draw
  • Kicking Block: Nagisa Nozaki (12:02)
  • Survival WAVE Battle Royal: Haruka Umesaki, Hikari Shimizu & SAKI defeated Miyuki Takase, Yuu. Riko Kawahata, Sae, Kohaku, Chie Ozora (14:21) – OTTR Rule; Match ends with 3 competitors remain who will advance to the Tiebreaker Blocks on 7/1-3

PHASE2 Reboot 3rd: NAMI 1 (7/1) Shinjuku

• CTW Tiebreaker A Block: Nagisa Nozaki vs. Risa Sera (Prominence)
  • CTW League Tiebreaker A Block: SAKI (COLOR’S) vs. Kaori Yoneyama (YMZ)
  • CTW League Tiebreaker B Block: Haruka Umesaki (DIANA) vs. Suzu Suzuki (Prominence)
  • CTW League Tiebreaker B Block: Itsuki Aoki vs. Hikari Shimizu (COLOR’S)

Osaka Rhapsody (7/2) Azalea Taisho Osaka

• CTW Tiebreaker A Block: Nagisa Nozaki vs. Kaori Yoneyama
  • CTW League Tiebreaker A Block: SAKI (COLOR’S) vs. Risa Sera (Prominence)
  • CTW League Tiebreaker B Block: Itsuki Aoki vs. Suzu Suzuki (Prominence)
  • CTW League Tiebreaker B Block: Haruka Umesaki (DIANA) vs. Hikari Shimizu (COLOR’S)

NAGOYA WAVE vol. 23 (7/3) Shinjuku

• CTW Tiebreaker A Block: Nagisa Nozaki vs. SAKI (COLOR’S)
  • CTW League Tiebreaker A Block: Kaori Yoneyama (YMZ) vs. Risa Sera (Prominence)
  • CTW League Tiebreaker B Block: Hikari Shimizu (COLOR’S)vs. Suzu Suzuki (Prominence)
  • CTW League Tiebreaker B Block: Itsuki Aoki vs. Haruka Umesaki (DIANA)

CATCH THE WAVE Finals (7/17) Korakuen Hall

YMZ Gokigenna Wrestling!

Gokigenna Kawasaki 14 (6/18) Results

• Singles Match: Makoto defeated Nanami (9:31)
  • Singles Match: Haruka Umesaki defeated Matsuzawa-san (5:31)
  • Tag Match: Kaori Yoneyama/Yuu defeated Hikaru Sato/Sayaka (13:27)
  • Singles Match: Kengo Mashimo defeated Yuna Mizumori (13:43)

Next Show: Gokigenna Kawasaki 15 (6/25) Post di Amistad, Kawasaki

• Singles Match (1/10): Kaori Yoneyama vs. Kakeru Sekiguchi (10:00) – Time Limit Draw
    • Cosplay Match (1/10): Momoka Haruhi defeated Chie Ozora (6:11)
    • Singles Match (1/10): Takato Nakano (BASARA) vs. Chicharito Shouki (2AW) (10:00) – Time Limit Draw
    • Tag Match (1/15): SAKI (COLOR’s) & Yuna Mizumori defeated Tsubasa Kuragaki & Makoto (with Matsuzawa-san) (13:56)
    • YMZ Tournament 1st Round (Ear Pinching Sumo): Kakeru Sekiguchi defeated Kaori Yoneyama (0:12)
    • YMZ Tournament 1st Round (Rock/Scissors/Paper): Momoka Haruhi defeated Chie Ozora (0:09)
    • YMZ Tournament 1st Round (Rubberband Snapping/No Reaction): Chicharito Shouki defeated Takato Nakano (1:19)
    • YMZ Tournament 1st Round (Guessing Game with Matsuzawa-san): SAKI/Yuna Mizumori defeated Tsubasa Kuragaki & Makoto (with Matsuzawa-san) (1:58)
    • YMZ Tournament Semi-Finals (Thumb Wrestling): Momoka Haruhi defeated Kakeru Sekiguchi (0:10)
    • YMZ Tournament Semi-Finals (Hip Attacks): Yuna Mizumori defeated Chicharito Shouki (0:06)
    • YMZ Tournament Semi-Finals (Game): SAKI defeated Momoka Haruhi (0:28)

YMZ 2022 Calendar

• Gokigenna Kawasaki 16 (7/6) Post di Amistad, Kawasaki
  • Gokigenna Kawasaki 17 (7/16) Post di Amistad, Kawasaki
  • Gokigenna Kawasaki 18 (7/30) Post di Amistad, Kawasaki
  • Gokigenna Kawasaki 19 (8/3) Post di Amistad, Kawasaki
  • Gokigenna Kawasaki 20 (8/6) Post di Amistad, Kawasaki
  • Gokigenna Kawasaki 21 (8/9) Post di Amistad, Kawasaki
  • Gokigenna Kawasaki 22 (8/15) Post di Amistad, Kawasaki
  • YMZ Summer Festival 2022 (8/21) Ouji Basement Monstar
  • Gokigenna Kawasaki 23 (8/26) Post di Amistad, Kawasaki
  • Meanwhile Outside of Japan…

Sarray goes to NXT UK! She defeated Nina Samuels (5:34). I wonder how long she’ll be there and if the end game is building to a match against Meiko Satomura.

Weekly Match Selection

Consider making time to educate yourself on the issues affecting women’s wrestling. You don’t need to agree with them, but put yourself in someone else’s shoes and try to see things from their perspective. Make the time to learn about several resources that genuinely help girls and women in need and if you need help, it’s nothing a little internet search couldn’t assist with. Find a cause, give some support, share some helpful information, and try to see the scope of the situation from outside your own filters/values.

The weekly match selection will return next week.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your feelings concerning what is going on in this country. It affects all of us. As a male, I find what this country is doing by having men tell the women of this country what to do with their bodies is just savage. As a black male, I’m wondering when they will attempt to overturn the Civil Rights bill. I’m only seeing things getting worse from here.