Drew McIntyre: I ain’t going anywhere, I still have at least 10 years in me

Originally published at Drew McIntyre: I ain’t going anywhere, I still have at least 10 years in me

Drew McIntyre says he’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

The former two-time WWE Champion Drew McIntyre is gearing up for his singles match against Madcap Moss at the ‘Day 1’ event on January 1st. McIntyre lost the WWE Title in February of this year and several months ago, he was moved to the SmackDown roster as a part of the 2021 WWE Draft.

FanSided caught up with McIntyre to get his thoughts about the upcoming pay-per-view and what he wants to accomplish in 2022.

McIntyre mentioned that people often think he’s in his mid-40s because he debuted so young. He feels that he has at least ten years of in-ring competition left in him.

I ain’t going anywhere. I’ll be here as long as I possibly can. I’m 36 years old, everybody thinks I am in my mid-40’s because I debuted when I was so young. I still have at least 10 years in me. Don’t count me out yet.

The ‘Day 1’ match card is rounded out and below is what the card currently looks like:

• WWE Championship — Fatal 4-Way: Big E (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens vs. Bobby Lashley
  • WWE Universal Championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Brock Lesnar
  • SmackDown Tag Team Championships: The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso) (c) vs. The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods)
  • Edge vs. The Miz
  • Migos appearance (Quavo, Offset & Takeoff)
  • Raw Women’s Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Liv Morgan
  • Drew McIntyre vs. Madcap Moss (w/ Happy Corbin)
  • Raw Tag Team Championships: RK-Bro (Randy Orton & Riddle) (c) vs. The Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins)
  • Kickoff Show: Sheamus & Ridge Holland vs. Cesaro & Ricochet