Edge discusses how he's feeling physically, learning that self-care and recuperation takes longer

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/11/16/edge-discusses-how-hes-feeling-physically-learning-that-self-care-and-recuperation-takes-longer/

Edge details how he’s taking care of himself after matches at this stage in his career.

At WWE Crown Jewel, Edge bested Seth Rollins inside of Hell In A Cell to put a cap on their rivalry and with that win, Edge went up 2-1 on Rollins. Edge has not appeared for the Raw brand since being drafted to the show as a part of the 2021 WWE Draft. He recently called into Busted Open Radio and during the conversation, Bully Ray asked Edge how he’s holding up physically.

The WWE Hall Of Famer explained that he’s learned that self-care and recuperation takes longer. He has those rare moments at this stage when he feels he can have another match one day after wrestling but mainly, there’s a several week period for him to start feeling like he’s back to himself physically.

You know, what I think I’ve learned is that the self-care and recuperation just takes longer. So before, when you can do it every night, that’s not the case anymore. Now, you know, after a match and I’m like, ‘Okay, I feel great. Maybe I could do one more the next day’ but that’s pretty rare. It’s usually a good two-to-three weeks until I’m like, ‘Okay, all right. I think everything’s knocked out of my system.’ The cryotherapy I did, the sauna. I did cold plunges, I stretched, I did yoga, I did massage, all of those things that I never did before. Now they’re a necessity.

He went on to speak about the work that Beth Phoenix is doing with NXT on commentary. Edge added that after Beth wrapped up an NXT show, she flew to New York and recorded her EP in four hours.

Yeah, I always have been . Her work ethic and what she won’t talk about is that the fact that she’s juggling that and also being the most hands-on mom she can possibly be in the midst of a pandemic which I know we’re all dealing with, right? But that’s a lot of plates to keep up in the air and you know, for instance, so she did NXT, she hopped on the jet with everybody up to New York, got in at 4, woke up at 8, banged out that album in four hours which she wrote by the way and then flew home right into picking up the girls from school. It’s her work ethic and she talked about me enjoying challenges, she’s the same way. I don’t think you get into our industry or any form of entertainment if you don’t seize on challenges because they’re going to be there. This is not an easy thing whether it’s wrestling, whether it’s music, whether it’s acting, you pick it. It’s not gonna be easy to get into because the doorway to get into this type of profession is so small so you gotta bet on yourself and be willing to take that chance because you’re gonna have to kick open a door that’s not gonna be open wide.

While Edge was on ‘The Kids on the Escalator’ podcast, he said he’s waiting on the call from WWE to return to TV and when he shows up, he figures out what the next story is.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Busted Open Radio with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.