Edge on when he'll be back on WWE TV: "I just wait for the next call when they need me"

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/11/02/edge-on-when-hell-be-back-on-wwe-tv-i-just-wait-for-the-next-call-when-they-need-me/

Edge dives into Jessika Carr being chosen to officiate he and Seth Rollins’ match in Saudi Arabia.

At WWE Crown Jewel, Edge and Seth Rollins capped off their rivalry inside Hell In A Cell. Edge scored the victory over Rollins and Edge is up 2-1 in their stretch of matches. As a part of the 2021 WWE Draft, Edge was drafted to Raw and Rollins was as well. Rollins is currently next in line to challenge Big E for the WWE Championship.

Edge has not appeared on Raw since being drafted to the show. He guest appeared on ‘The Kids on the Escalator’ podcast and said he’ll be back on TV when WWE makes the call. He added that when they need him, he shows up and they collectively figure out what the next story is.

I just wait for the next call when they need me and then I show up and try and figure out what the next story is.

Edge and Rollins’ match at Crown Jewel was officiated by Jessika Carr. She was chosen specifically by Edge to referee the match. He told the story of how he and senior official Charles Robinson gave Carr a test run at SummerSlam which led to her refereeing Rollins and Edge’s match at Madison Square Garden.

The WWE Hall Of Famer stated that he was not keen on traveling to Saudi for Crown Jewel, but said there was something special about Carr having control over two men in that country.

Yeah, you know, I had SummerSlam coming up with Seth ref there’ and not knowing how that — if we’d even be able to but I just love the idea of a woman being in control of two men in that country, and if it flew over a lot of heads, whatever but, for me, I can come back to my girls and tell them one day, ‘I went over there but, I think we did something pretty cool’ and again, she was just right there for everything, just not in any way overwhelmed by the moment, just stood up to the challenge. It was really cool to see.

On the 11/8 Raw, Seth Rollins will be in action against Kevin Owens. Owens fell in defeat to Big E on the 11/1 Raw. To get a recap of the most recent show, check out POST Wrestling’s WWE Raw notes article.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit ‘The Kids on the Escalator’ with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.