Evil Uno comments on Stu Grayson's AEW departure, his current position in the company

Originally published at Evil Uno comments on Stu Grayson's AEW departure, his current position in the company

The Dark Order member discusses his partner’s exit from AEW.

The duo of Evil Uno and Stu Grayson are the original members of Dark Order that debuted at Double or Nothing 2019. Ahead of the 2022 installment of Double or Nothing, Evil Uno guest appeared on NBC Sports’ ‘Ten Count’ show.

Stu Grayson wrapped up his time with AEW several weeks ago and Uno spoke about Grayson’s departure. He said it is a bit weird not seeing him backstage at AEW events, but they own a wrestling school together and are close friends so they communicate often. Uno said Grayson’s departure was not a big surprise to him and feels that Grayson will shine wherever he lands next.

Uh, it’s a little weird . I mean, I won’t lie and say I didn’t — he’s my friend so I have an understanding of what he was going through. It’s not like it took me by surprise. This was like a mutual decision. They — he wanted something out of his contract and they did not have that for him and he wasn’t going to continue if it wasn’t for that and he was fine walking away and he’s not upset in any way. I still see him, so we run a wrestling school back in Canada and we spend — we still see each other once or twice a week. We’re still great friends, but it is very weird because I’ve navigated most of my wrestling career with him by my side and now I’m kind of doing it on my own again. There was a short period of time I did it in the 2010s where we weren’t a team anymore and so it’s going back to that but now it’s on national television which is a lot harder. You know, it’s a lot easier to have an anchor point in someone that you know how to work with, who completely understands both your rhythm and wrestling but your personality and who you are as a person to help you navigate the backstage. But, I’m pretty confident I’ll do okay and I’m sure Stu, wherever he does land will do fantastic as well because he’s truthfully one of the best wrestlers probably in the world and I think most people are just unaware of it.

Elsewhere during the interview, Uno was asked how he feels about his current position in AEW. He thinks Dark Order is in a much different place than they were in 2019. He would like to be involved more on-screen, but understands that AEW has a stacked talent roster.

Uno is happy with his current position but said like any wrestler, he wants more.

Uh, we are — it’s a tough question because when we started, we were completely unknown so at Double or Nothing, we showed up and we were met with ‘who are you’ chants which completely, at the time, was justifiable. We had been in Canada for about eight years and no one knew who he was — who either of us was . There’s always other pay-per-view cards. But, I would lie if I tell you I don’t want more. I think every pro wrestler should want — every pro wrestler should try to be champion, every pro wrestler should aim for more than what they have currently but, I am not the type who holds onto negativity so I’m very happy with where I’m at and I’m very happy where the Dark Order is at. We are very beloved right now. I feel like we are practically the heart and soul of this company at this time. But, you know, would I be happier if I was on this card? Maybe a little bit. Maybe a little bit but I am not upset if I’m not.

AEW is one week out from their Double or Nothing event on May 29th. Tonight’s episode of Dynamite will feature the continuation of the Owen Hart Foundation tournament as both Samoa Joe and Britt Baker will face ‘joker’ mystery opponents.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit NBC Sports’ Ten Count show with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.

1 Like