Fat bastard on Twitter

He’s on there and has a big following

1 Like

Brian Last already disavowed him and even Jericho made it a point to drag his ass.

5 Likes

Reading his timeline is incredibly frightening. Imagine if one of these Cornette cultists did what he did and was armed?

This is the danger of idiots like JC spewing bullshit that is obviously trying to rile people up. What happens when the wrong person tries to live up to what their leader’s preach?

2 Likes

Hard disagree there, Mark. I listen to Corny’s show as regularly as I do POST Wrestling and Jim has never ever encouraged this type of shit. In fact I would say he discourages it.

I won’t defend everything JC does or says, but this isn’t on him. It’s like when that piece of shit shot up the mosque and said “subscribe to PewdiePie” on his way in. If this clown had tagged wai0937 in his tweet, is this suddenly Wai’s responsibility? People do deplorable shit out of their own fucked up mental instability and try to bring other people down with them, and it’s unfair.

What’s really sad is this was clearly just a ploy to get a spotlight on himself, and it’s working.

1 Like

I’m not saying Jim is responsible. However, you can’t deny that he has a rabid following on social media - tagging him in every little thing, looking for his attention and approval.

This is the direct result of the culture Cornette has fostered among his fans. Cornette has built a rabid following by leaning into the role of a guru / leader to his most hardcore fans. Nobody else you mentioned is directly trying to do / acts like Cornette does.

The correlation is far more clear between somebody who acts like a cult leader to his followers, vs other entertainers.

The responsibility is obviously on the hands of the individual. It’s clear this guy is mentally unbalanced to go through with this… Cornette is literally shouting negativity into the universe, and he knows people react to it. Eventually this was bound to start happening.

2 Likes

Yeah I guess I just see it differently since this sort of behaviour flies in opposition to what JC normally talks about on his shows. If the guy had made some unfair disparaging remarks about Japanese female wrestlers and tagged Cornette in it, I’d say ya, you reap what you sow. But jumping barricades and attempting to assault performers has never been a theme he’s preached as far as I can recall.

Tagging Cornette just feels like an attempt to gain some clout and cause more of a fracas. I don’t even honestly believe he expected JC to condone his behaviour; he just knew the internet would react.

1 Like

I’m just stunned that he has a big following and people are supporting him. I find it bizarre than anyone is that obsessed with hating a company that they need to do this but I guess here we are

2 Likes

It’s best to just ignore the guy and not give him any attention. Dumb of Jericho to acknowledge him

2 Likes
4 Likes

Honestly, giving this guy attention is the worst thing anyone can do. If guys like Jericho go at it with him, this is just going to increase the probability of it happening again. Ignore him.

1 Like

If Trump says “Stand back and Stand by” and the proud boys took that slip up to wait for the right time this is absolutely on Cornette. This is his MAGA, Wrestling fans for the most part are dumb Corny worked these people into believing this new style is bad and got a bunch of die hards who snitch tag him on Twitter for every AEW Botch. He’s gotta deal with this and even as he disapproves of it it’s too late

5 Likes
5 Likes