Fatal 4-Way To Determine #1 Contender To North American Title Announced For NXT

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/01/03/fatal-4-way-to-determine-1-contender-to-north-american-title-announced-for-nxt/

Coming off the heels of the ‘Year End Awards’ show this past Wednesday, NXT announced their first match for their return to live television on the USA Network and it will be a number one contender’s match to determine the next challenger to Roderick Strong’s NXT North American Championship. NXT GM William Regal took to Twitter and announced that Keith Lee, Dominik Dijakovic, Damian Priest and Cameron Grimes will compete in a Fatal 4-Way and the man that emerges victorious will get to challenge Strong for his title.

This Wednesday on #WWENXT, we will find a new #1 Contender for the NXT North American Championship in a #Fatal4Way as it will be @RealKeithLee vs. @DijakovicWWE vs. @CGrimesWWE vs. @ArcherOfInfamy.

— William Regal (@RealKingRegal) January 3, 2020

Keith Lee walked away from the ‘Year End Awards’ show with the Breakout Star of the Year award. Roderick Strong has been NXT North American Champion since September and scored a victory over both Lee and Dijakovic in a Triple-Threat match. Both competitors, along with Priest and Cameron Grimes are looking to capture their first piece of championship gold on the black and yellow brand.

On the latest episode of NXT, the teams in the 2020 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic were revealed and here are the duos as followed: Undisputed ERA (Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish), Imperium (Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel), Matt Riddle and Pete Dunne, Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews, Gallus (Mark Coffey & Wolfgang), Forgotten Sons (Steve Cutler & Wesley Blake), KUSHIDA and a mystery partner and Grizzled Young Veterans (James Drake & Zack Gibson).

Fingers crossed that it’s Damian Priest. Grimes and Dijakovic are good but Kushida and Riddle in there instead of them would’ve made this match a can’t miss.

You don’t want Riddle in there as you don’t want him to lose. Kushida would be fine though Grimes just beat him. I expect Lee to win this and go on to take the title off Strong.

Riddle wouldn’t have to take the pin and Grimes beating Kushida shouldn’t have happened in my opinion. Keith Lee is definitely the favourite but I’m not fully on that bandwagon and I think it’s time they do more with Damian Priest.

Another thing they need to do is something with their tag division, the belts just seem to be on Fish & Reilly without them having any challengers. Obviously we’ll get an Usos promo to announce their move to NXT and we’ll get Fish & Riley v. Usos at the next TakeOver. I expect that to happen now and I’ll be disappointed if it doesn’t.

I don’t feel like Priest is ready for a title run right now. He lacks the mic skills to be interesting thus far. I think you give Lee a run and then I think he will move up to the main roster later this year. As for Riddle him not taking the pin doesn’t matter he would need to win outright. He is building a reputation of being unable to win big matches. He lost to Dream, lost to Cole, Lost to Balor, got eliminated fairly early at Survivor Series. I think there have been a few others. Plus you know he won’t win as he is in the Dusty Classic.

The tag division in NXT is paper thin. There are like 3 teams and only one of them make compelling champs.