Favorite Matches That Aren't "Classics"

KOTR 93 was a Bret Hart showcase. Winning 3 matches without the sharpshooter.

The Henning match was really good. Much better than SS match.

1 Like

Seth vs Brock vs Cena at RR 2015 is probably my pick for best WWE triple threat. The mess of the Rumble overshadowed but they worked at such a fast pace

1 Like

I’m not sure this is an underrated classic. It’s pretty much the best WWE match Brock has ever had

1 Like

Way off the beaten path, but

Jerry Lynn & The Amazing Red vs. Chris Sabin & Jonny Storm vs. Jason Cross & Shark Boy vs. Triple X (Christopher Daniels & Elix Skipper) - TNA Weekly PPV #40

Convoluted story, in which the winners of the match would have a match the next week to determine a #1 contender for the X-Divison Title. If Triple X lose the match, the winners get a tag title match as well. Which naturally leads to…

Jerry Lynn & The Amazing Red vs. Triple X (Christopher Daniels & Elix Skipper) - TNA Weekly PPV #41

Which seeing as how Lynn & Red are a makeshift team and still had to have a #1 contenders match, surely you wouldn’t put the tag belts on nevermind.

Jerry Lynn vs. The Amazing Red - TNA Weekly PPV #42

Tag Champs fight each other for the right to fight for another title. Awesome.

These are not the greatest of matches, not touching ‘classic’ in the slightest. But I love them all the same, TNA stupidity and all. Amazing Red was so great.

1 Like

I don’t know about that. Off the top of my head Brock has had some excellent matches that may be better than the triple threat.

Brock vs Rock - Summerslam 2002 - Brock’s first title win.
Brock vs Taker - No Mercy 2002 - Perhaps the most brutal and bloody hell in a cell match.
Brock vs Angle - Smackdown 2003 - The first and only WWE hour long Iron Man match on TV.
Brock vs Eddie - No Way Out 2004 - Eddie’s first WWE championship win setting up WM20.
Brock vs CM Punk - Summerslam 2013 - A great match built on a great feud with Heyman.
Brock vs Cena - Summerslam 14 - Brock’s dominating Cena set him up as the big boss in WWE.

1 Like