FEEDBACK: AEW Dynamite 12/30/20 "Brodie Lee: Celebration of Life"

You know… I’m not gonna sit here and act like I was his biggest fan but let me tell you this opened my eyes for what I take for granted in terms of watching wrestling.

I’m pretty emotional after watching and I realize how much I take these athletes coming in to my home for granted. They’re always there every week and when you realize you’ve seen one for the last time you wish you appreciated them more.

A beautiful show for someone who from all accounts was a fantastic human being… and my god his son is the toughest and strongest person in the building tonight. What a true champion.

It was an amazing show and its incredible to see some of the WWE Superstars tweeting about it and some even promoting it before the show aired.

1 Like

I don’t want to compare how the companies did things in regards to his passing; but the AEW show felt more honest and real. You felt some catharsis, even a bit of healing. And it was great to see a upper level run for Brodie Lee before . I’ll just leave it like that

1 Like

AEW’s tribute show reminded me of the WWE/Eddie tribute show, and I mean that as a compliment. I think both companies handled it well given their respective situations/relationship with Huber.

AEW ended up doing 977K and a 0.40 in the demo. Though ultimately the ratings just dont matter this week. I guess I’m just happy that so many fans wanted to see the tribute, it speak to Huber and the fact that fans care.