AEW #1, AEW #1
Let the haters talk about the actual rating.
Rank: 1 in cable, that’s mighty impressive for any non-WWE wrestling company. Don’t @ me

2 Likes

Well…by demo. I guess that’s harder to chant.

While good it is a bit concerning to me that for such a big show it was lower than the first 2 unopposed weeks.

1 Like

I wonder if there is a chance that the idea of a show called “Blood and Guts” might have turned off some fans, who opted not to check it out.

That could have affected viewership to a (very small) degree.

There was significantly less competition sports and news wise as well. No NBA on ESPN (which I assume is why #1 was suddenly possible), so not great on that front. But hey…there was actual response by viewers to a major stipulation, which is probably not something we should take for granted in wrestling these days. It might represent a lower ceiling than we thought for them alone on Wednesday, but it’s still over a million, so not all bad. They still have a Moxley rematch in the bag for one last shot at topping that first Wednesday number.

3 Likes

Yeah it isn’t bad, just not as high as I thought it might be. As I said last week we need more weeks to see where they baseline out but it seems like it will be around 1 million or just under with hot shows getting over that Mark.

2 Likes

They rank em that way, so I looked at it that way but yeah (crazy what does the most). Either way, cool feather in their cap.

1 Like

The fake stage is apparently not the only soft thing in AEW.

Added: I do believe in protecting your copyrighted content. It’s just going to make people look at this in a particular light when the times of mass removals come around the company’s bigger goofs (as was the last big removal cycle - after the death match).

1 Like

Copyright striking channels whose material falls under fair use is exactly the kind of thing that will make the YouTube audience (which AEW is desperately trying to court) turn its back on you. This is a really dumb move if it is indeed Tony Khan/AEW issuing these strikes.

1 Like

That’s the main question for me.

Is this a specific response from AEW…Or just a YouTube thing?

Speaking from experience, every single episode of the KOS-Pod has been flagged for copyright issues (we use a lot of music on our show). Most of the time, it’s just a warning kind of thing (and since we’re not trying to monetize our videos, it’s a moot point). But we have had episodes that were taken down b/c of copyright issues. When that happens, We’ve never felt salty towards Beck or the Isley Brothers, we just charge it to the game.

I don’t know if there are different copyright rules for audio/video, but if this is an algorithm thing, then it feels silly for the internet to bring out the pitchforks for AEW on this.

:100:

3 Likes

And this is his second issue in a few days with YT and flags… I do love the narrative that TK is out hunting down people personally.

Nobody in their right mind is targetting Maffew.

1 Like

Oh… And would you look at that.

4 Likes

Nice. Good to hear. I really couldn’t see AEW being that tone deaf as to be issuing copyright strikes on transformative material. They have proven themselves to be very savvy with social media thus far and this continues that trend.

YouTube on the other hand continues to be an absolute shit-show in its enforcement of its own rules.

1 Like

Good to hear. It’s an institution at this point and hard to see as a negative towards the business. It’s probably beneficial for AEW to start getting proactive about this issue with Youtube as all it’s going to do is bring them undeserved criticisms (if they aren’t responsible for what is triggering the mistake).

2 Likes