Live tonight at 10:05 p.m. ET:

Jordan from the Bronx

• The AEW character work recently has been very fun to watch. Toni Storm’s Old Hollywood, Christian Cage’s crusade against fatherless men, this Roddy Strong Neck thing, they’re all some of their best work.

• A Hangman/Swerve feud is unexpected, but intriguing. Hangman feels like he needs a reset and Swerve is on the verge of breaking through to the upper level.

• Ricky Starks keeps asking for chances, despite having big matches against MJF, Chris Jericho, CM Punk and Bryan Danielson this year. His character comes off as whiny, and I’m not sure if that’s the intent.

• MJF is great at blending his real life experiences with his character. I usually come away from these promos knowing more about him than I thought I wanted to, and appreciating the amount of effort he puts into his presentation.

Question: Where do you see Kris Statlander’s next big challenge coming from? It felt like Mercedes Martinez was up, but I don’t know what happened to the challenge.

Jermaine from Chicago, a few thoughts on aew and dynamite. A couple of words about cm punk. If I’m cm punk, the next time I see jungle jack the kill bill revenge music would go off and when I was finished, jack would beg tony khan to have WWE scripting.
I love shows when new programs are introduce and that joe and mjf segment was very good and entertaining. The lead up to Sammy and Chris Jericho should be real interesting. Question for you two guys…would you keep collision like it was where it features different talent or now since punk is gone would you make it dynamite night two? I cool with danielson stepping in the punk role with collision pretty much staying the same. Thanks

Cody From Maine

The in-ring was fine enough, but this episode was highlighted by the promos and character work. The trio of pre-recorded promos from Starks, Strong and Toni Storm were all great. While the MJF-Joe and Swerve-Hangman segments were both home runs.

I’m really intrigued by the latter combination. Two upper midcarders both aiming to make it back into the big picture. And with no obvious winner to their eventual match or matches? It feels important.

That said, despite being a big fan of both, I hope Swerve gets the big win after being unable to take the International title off of Orange Cassidy and losing at Wembley.

The one thing that struck me about MJF and Roddy’s neck issues. The common denominator is Samoa Joe and how quickly Adam Cole came to each person’s aid separately.

What if it comes out that Roddy’s neck issues were premeditated?*

*Collision during the Owen Cup

What on Earth are you trying to lay out here?

1 Like

What if MJF and Joe were in cahoots to injure Roddy?

It was a little far fetched given how far removed from The Owen Cup.

I was only spitballing.