A babyface having a manager/coach when their opponent doesn’t does come across as slightly heelish. It’s dumb to compare it to sports where all the teams or all the fighters have coaches. That’s not the situation here. It’s a situation where he has extra help. Arn has also not been introduced on the show to give a reason as to why Cody wants a manager and why it’s Arn. The whole thing doesn’t work.

I mean I think it is awkward as Cody is highly ranked and wins most matches so I don’t think he needs a coach, the gimmick would be better for someone lower down the card. That said Cody was always coming out with backup to the point where it was actually a stipulation that he could only bring 1 person to the ring at one point. So maybe he just likes having someone in his corner.

That said it isn’t heelish at all.

Somebody needs to explain to me what the fck they are doing with Adam Page. This guy feels completely lost, and the story telling of him leaving The Elite and yet still tagging with Kenny is so inconsistent. I mean, he sounded dumb on commentary saying he just found that out. And for Judas sake, can somebody please tell him BTE is Drug Free for the cheap pot…I mean pop?

So Arn is the Head Coach of the Nightmare Family which differs from the Nightmare Collective how? Why does Cody have his own Family if he is still in the Elite?

Why can’t they get in sync with throwing backstage to the correct interviewer, the correct graphics…why do they have to plug cities they are going to when there is great in-ring stories being told? It is unnecessary. Hit me with a rundown in a 30 second window between matches, not during.
And JR is god awful. Absolutely awful. Botches names, moves, explanations of how rankings and records work. Speaking of…they reset the records and then show “Career Records”…not confusing at all.

Why is Sammy antagonizing Mox if they are recruiting him?
Why is Brit Baker fucking awful?
Did MJF kiss a girl on the lips in the crowd?! - okay that was hilarious and gross all the same.

Why did I watch All Elite Wrestling tonight and feel like the show is lacking direction and cohesiveness. Where did my Elite go?

ugh.

Woah, you should not use Bill Belichick and the Patriots as an example of a babyface team. They are pure heels.

1 Like

They’re only heels to those who are jealous. They’re true baby faces to me.

I personally don’t like the drinking stuff, but I think him teaming with Kenny can be explained by The Elite, trying to keep the band together and eventually Hangman is going to snap.

1 Like

Tell that story and do Hangman and Omega at Revolution.

That match
Mox v Jericho for Tag
Bucks vs Dark Order vs SCU
Cody vs MJF
Hager vs Dustin
Janella vs Sabian

Great card

I actually like the Hangman drinking thing. It gives him a character trait and allows him to show some charisma. It’s the most interesting he’s been on AEW TV.

1 Like

I agree I thought tonight was his best night.

I prefer them doing an alcoholism story with a non alcoholic, as opposed to sticking it on to Jake Roberts, Scott Hall, or Hawk. That shit is just evil