What did you think of tonight’s shows?

Patrons, join us live at 12:15am ET at postwrestlingcafe.com

What did you think of AEW Rampage Grand Slam?

0 voters

What did you think of WWE SmackDown?

0 voters

Brandon from Oshawa

Rampage was good, definitely not as strong as Dynamite though. Best things on the show were the trios tag match, Punk & Hobbs and Taz/Starks on commentary. I was disappointed in the Lights out match, after what we’ve seen in past lights out matches this one didn’t live up to those.

While I’m a fan of Homicide, I thought he wasn’t needed here. The American Top Team angle was cool, but I don’t see where this goes. The star of the angle was Masvidal and I don’t see him being in a match.

Brian from New Jersey.

I thought Smackdown was just okay. Good opening with Becky & Bianca, good ending with the main event and Demon Balor appearing. That said, as someone half an hour outside of Philadelphia, I have no regrets staying home and not going live. Very happy Shotzi & Nox haven’t forgotten they’re owed a tag title shot.

Rampage was more fun. Liked Punk vs. Hobbs outside of the scary and ugly top rope rana, really enjoyed the six-man tag. Main event ran out of steam for me, but everyone involved was over.

LATE ADD TO THIS POST: Chris Jericho wrote in his second book that he was originally going to call the Codebreaker the Boomstick. Lance Storm convinced him that would be stupid.

• Rampage was strong. It was very cool to see Cole and the Bucks in a 6-man tag again. It was the usual chaos when all three are involved and Christian and Jurassic Express were capable dance partners.

• Punk vs Hobbs was good and I felt that Hobbs gained a lot in defeat. The lights out match was solid and a surprise appearance from Homicide was neat.

• SmackDown’s go-home effort had its moments. The Bianca/Becky promo was good. The Naomi/Sonya story is progressing nicely. Montez Ford vs Roman Reigns was a strong main event. Ford’s backstage promos were terrific and he got to look good in defeat. The appearance of Demon Balor did its job of casting some doubt heading into Sunday. The spectre of Lesnar looming over this match makes it hard to bet against Reigns.

For the record, I do not want to have two 2-hour shows on a Friday become a thing. The highlight across both shows for me was definitely the 6-man, which was a blast. It definitely feels like Adam Cole made the right decision for his career. Since the Young Bucks are now saying they want a trios title (in the Twitter bio), do you think that’s imminent? With the Lucha Bros now focused on the tag titles rather than Death Triangle, and Trent out injured, breaking up the Best Friends/ OC grouping, it feels like they don’t have quite as many trios available as they did before.

I bet it’s a one-time thing for that stadium loop.