What did you think of AEW Rampage, WWE SmackDown and CM Punk’s announcement?

Patrons, join us live for RASD at postwrestlingcafe.com

First time dropping feedback for Rampage, but I thought overall this was one of the strongest episodes in some time.

Bucks v Lucha Bros never disappoints, so having that on the show was an immediate bonus, but I also thought Athena vs Kiera Hogan overdelivered for a match I assumed was just likely going to be a squash.

Absolute shame that the Summer of Punk is over before it could begin, but it was heartwarming to see how special this whole run and the title is to him. An interim champion makes sense, and with the champion being crowned at Forbidden Door, I’d assume Moxley wins the main event next week and faces Tanahashi at the PPV.

Curious if they’d put the belt on Tanahashi for a few months or go with the safe choice in Mox.

A real emotional roller coaster of a week for AEW. Punk is obviously a huge loss and it makes it all the more important for them to make sure that MJF is locked down, at least for the length of his original contract.

Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros was… well, I’m assuming that John had to do his recap at Excalibur speed.

Athena looked really impressive and I’m glad they gave her long enough to show what she can do.

Rampage became very newsworthy with Punk’s announcement earlier tonight. It’s a real shame that he got injured just days removed from Double or Nothing but the messaging of the title’s vacancy afterwards was clunky (not Punk’s promo, mind you)

There’s one backup plan for forbidden door and that is Moxley vs Tanahashi for the interim AEW title. Two birds, one stone.

Also, have the Bucks and Lucha Bros ever had a bad match? (Spoiler: Nope)

The opening tag was electric.

Rampage feedback: Loved Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros!

I loved the first half of Punk’s promo, but was disappointed by the confusing way they explained the next steps. I also thought it was awkward that they said Moxley was the #1 contender, when AEW’s website says Mox is ranked #4 as of this week and Wardlow is ranked #1.

Overall though, I expect a good rating for this show given the announcement hype. And I’m excited about the Battle Royal and Mox match next week. Hoping for Danielson winning the Royale, but Miro could be a good dark horse.