Join us tonight for RASD LIVE as we cover the debut of Rampage, WWE SmackDown, and take your calls.

(Please vote only if you have seen the show)

What did you think of AEW Rampage?

0 voters

What did you think of WWE SmackDown?

0 voters

Only watched Rampage tonight.

What a hot crowd - and what a fun, fast paced hour it turned out to be.

Christian / Omega was much better than expected, and the hot crowd elevated it even further. The finish wasn’t clean and left room for more story - and won’t change how loud people react to Omega eventually losing to Page down the road.

An energetic hour show, that flew by.

Can’t wait for the next month of AEW TV.

1 Like

Steve from Cambridge

First week and it’s already happened.
AEW, this isn’t gonna work for me.
My girl asks me if I want to go to a patio tonight. What do I say?
Naw girl. It’s Friday. I gotta watch an hour of wrestling on tv at 10pm.
Nope.
I went to the patio with my girl.
So I haven’t seen the episode. I’ll be catching up with your show.
Likely won’t be seeing a ton of this one.
Thanks for what you do.

1 Like

Chris Jericho and Mark Henry need to switch out whatever they’re drinking, because one of these guys was going way too hard and one of these guys seemed like he just woke up from a nap.

Otherwise, I don’t know how you can hate on this show. Spare me your belt collector tears, people; the Impact title match ruled, the crowd took it to the next level, and Christian, like he always seems to do, started off pretty slow but then turned this match into a really fun ride. And the win was unexpected, at least to me, so I actually shot up out of my seat for a sec in legitimate surprise. This match was a blast, and I’d love to see what they can do with ten more minutes at ALL OUT. Oh, and I STILL want to see Hangman whoop Kenny’s ass, so this booking doesn’t interfere with any of that story at all.

I can confidently say this was the most exciting wrestling show I watched this week, and at only an hour and with this roster, I have a feeling that won’t change for a while.

Lastly, I know not everyone (or hardly anyone) is watching Impact, but man, way down the road whenever Jay White turns face, he’s going to be so fucking good.

1 Like

Chris from Melbourne

The presentation for the opening minutes of Rampage were exactly what they needed to be to sell people on this being a big deal. PPV Main Event style entrances that you rarely see on TV, and especially not for people used to watching Raw or Smackdown.

There’s a lot I hope is adjusted about Rampage in the next month (hopefully a lot less Mark Henry and Jericho), but I hope this “main event” feeling stays consistent, because that’s the sort of thing that will solidify AEW as a big deal.

I’m a big fan of everything I saw of Jamie Hayter back in her initial AEW appearances, and I follow her on instagram, and even still I didn’t recognise her until the announcers named her. Feeling for the Pittsburgh crowd not really knowing how to react at the end there. A pretty confusing finish to an otherwise excellent show.

Any chance you guys might have a theme song contest for something to introduce the “Rampage” half of the podcast?

1 Like

Brandon from Oshawa

I’m not sure how to feel about Omega losing to Christian. I thought it was obvious once this was announced and it turned into a good match, but I don’t think Omega should have lost on AEW tv, before losing to Hangman.

I like the return of Jamie Hayter, I remember being impressed with her. Baron Corbin was the only highlight of SmackDown tonight.

Rampage’s debut episode flew by as it condensed the excitement to an hour.

• I wasn’t expecting Kenny Omega to become one title lighter tonight and Christian Cage beating him begins the collapse as he could lose the AAA title to Andrade this coming weekend.

• Miro/Fuego was a damn good squash with some terrific hope spots and the post-match angle with Sammy Guevara was very nice.

• Britt Baker vs Red Velvet had some clunkiness but it told a solid story revolving around Britt’s injured wrist. It was worth watching to see Britt get that superstar ovation and the return of Jamie Hayter that somewhat undercut that quasi-babyface shine Britt received.

Haven’t watched Smackdown yet, but I did watch Rampage and I felt while it wasnt a bad show, it was a show I really didnt need to see.

Omega and Cage had a good match, but I felt it was pretty obvious that Christian was going to get the win. There was no way they would have Christian loose to Omega only to loose again at the PPV, and since I couldn’t care less about the Impact title, the title change meant nothing to me and now just makes me want to see the match at the PPV even less. Cool to see D’Amore though.

I really dont want to see Omega taking pin falls right now, especially to a 47 year old Christian Cage. Luckily the AEW fanbase is one that probably wont care, with the product being as hot as it is right now, I think the fan base will accept almost anything. Thats the reward you get when you have that level of faith from your audience.

The tease with Sting and Darby was great, I love how they are telling us CM Punk is coming next week without actually telling us. I really don’t get why next week wasn’t the debut episode, it really made this weeks episode feel pointless when next weeks show is being promoted like the biggest show they have ever done.

Britt Baker came off like a star, anyone watching tonight for the first time is going to see her and IMO take to her right away.

Can’t wait until next week, but I really wish this was more of a special occasion special (like SNME) opposed to a weekly show. I dont need more wrestling in my life lol.

You made the right choice :slight_smile:
I agree the timing is bad if their audience is the younger demo

Heard you on the CBC news the other day. You are making the rounds. Thank you for keeping us all updated :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks! I’m starting a week of ICU tomorrow and just heard we admitted a COVID (unvaccinated). Just when I thought we were out…

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that.

I have both my shots and still wear a mask at work and when out and about even though we don’t have to. Manitoba is rushing and we will pay for it

Thank you again and stay safe

1 Like