This week’s Rewind-A-Wai will be a special MMA review as selected by Espresso Executive Producer @Brandonfrmnj.

In place of Wai Ting, I will be joined by Phil Chertok & Eric Marcotte for a review of the Affliction: Banned pay-per-view from July 2008 featuring Fedor Emelianenko and Tim Sylvia.

The event can be streamed on UFC Fight Pass.

Post your feedback & questions and the show will be released this Friday, May 7th for all members of the POST Wrestling Café.

Affliction: Banned
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Anaheim, California at the Honda Center
*Fedor Emelianenko vs. Tim Sylvia
*Ben Rothwell vs. Andrei Arlovski
*Pedro Rizzo vs. Josh Barnett
*Mark Hominick vs. Savant Young
*Matt Lindland vs. Fabio Negao
*Renato Babalu Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead
*Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Edwin Dewees
*Mike Pyle vs. J.J. Ambrose
*Vitor Belfort vs. Terry Martin
*Gary Goodridge vs. Paul Buentello

1 Like

Kendell from Ohio

First off I want to applaud John, Eric , & Phil on the great MMA coverage on the website & the Post Wrestling Discord. Thanks for helping me make some new friends over the past year & keeping me entertained & informed over the past few years!

This was a fun event to watch. I had low expectations based off all the Affliction Shirt jokes I heard in MMA circles & Brandon’s prior history of picking hilariously bad shows. I wasn’t a MMA fan yet at this point in 2008.

Josh Barnett’s KO win looked like a KO of the Year contender. Andre looked good against a young Ben Rothwell. Fedor thankfully made quick work of Tim Sylvia. How was Tim Sylvia a multi time UFC Heavyweight Champion? That staredown between Fedor & Randy Couture was cool to see. Oddly enough it was Randy’s next fight vs Brock Lesnar that would be my 1st MMA PPV purchase.

I have 2 questions. If the Randy Couture vs Fedor fight happens under the Affiction banner, who wins the fight & what would the buy rates be like for this dream fight in 2009?

3 Likes