FEEDBACK (MCU L8R): She-Hulk

2 things. One joke. One serious.

Joke one: Will Jen Walters meet a variant of herself so that Tatiana Maslany has to play a scene opposite herself?

Serious one: the wedding that wong mentioned a few episodes ago, was that Strange marrying Clea?

2 Likes

Burak from the UK.

Another fun episode of She-Hulk. Can’t say it advanced the plot a lot, apart from the last 30 seconds where we the serum being made.

The sub-plot with Mr Immortal was excellent. Jumping out of a window to avoid dealing with a difficult situation? What a Hero.

Question: Could Mallory be in on the whole Intelligencia thing? As she asked Nikki not to mention it to Jen.

1 Like

Mannie from pacoima

Welcome back Karen sensei!

Very fun episode, as with all wedding episodes craziness occurred. The thread of Jen slowly embracing she hulk continued as she showed up to all eyes on her, only for Lulu to shut it down and ask for just Jen. There was a part of me that thought the entire episode would consist of Jen being paranoid that Titania was out to get her thus making her look bad in the process.
Instead we saw her pretty much tend to every chore Lulu left for her, but a fight did occur. Once again Jen’s delivery when it came to the comedy was great

The Nikki and Mallory team up was great as well and for a second I thought Mallory herself was going to breaknthe fourth wall when she signaled for her team to huddle up. Apart of me wonders if Mallory is also involved in the she hulk hate or if the background music just made it seem that way. Guess we’ll find out soon as it looks like business is about to pick up.

Also osnthe art at the end of the episodes canon? cause there was a picture of Ched and Lulu kissing!!

1 Like

Magan from Ottawa, ON

A weekend away for a bridal shower in a sitcom would’ve been filler but She-Hulk’s effervescent charm keeps it from feeling like it, despite the runtime hamstringing the story. Tatiana’s ability to convey Jen’s tug of war within herself over her human and Hulk form makes her insanely relatable and the wedding setting was a suitable place to drive it home.

The B-story with Nikki and Mallory’s case with Mr.Immortal was entertaining (the bit where he jumped out of the window unscathed was hilarious)

With three episodes left, the impending threat is starting to come into focus. A shitposting website masquerading as a secret group that wants Jen’s blood.

I bet Bruce better check his phone before long

1 Like

I wonder if the guy she’s chatting up is after her blood in Jen form.

Another excellent episode, although I was disappointed in no follow up to the Daredevil tease last week, it was still a lot of fun. Also intrigued by who is trying to mess with her blood, presumably to try and create a super soldier serum. 8/10

1 Like

Jay from Colorado

Had a lot of of fun this episode, and loved the joke about it’s timing. It’s true, weddings always happen at the worst times.

I especially loved the Mr. immortal stuff, does he play any significant role in the comics?

Blonsky’s return to the forefront was a welcome one as She-Hulk steps away from the A-story/B-story format where Jen gets an emergency call about his escape. Tatiana gracefully tackles Jen’s insecurities about herself and her gamma form when her budding romance with Josh (from Lulu’s wedding) hits a snag after her ghosts her for days without as much as a text back.

The episode is about self-healing as her new rag-tag group of friends including the obscure Man-Bull and Blonsky put her on a much healthier path forward. The ending was pretty unnerving as it reveals that Josh has an agenda to steal a blood sample and he snaps a nude of her to add salt to the wound. Hell hath no fury and her name is Jen Walters. The homestretch is in sight.

(Did anyone catch Slott’s name on the towing truck?)

Side-note: Thoughts on Armor Wars becoming a film instead of a limited tv series?

1 Like

Mannie from Pacoima

Damn you Josh!!!
Great episode. Jen feeling unwanted and scared because she finally met someone who we assumed liked her for who jen is, I think is a story we can all relate to. It definitely must be hard to feel unseen as Jen and be adored as she hulk but we finally got to see her at least come out with some healing.

The other members of the retreat had such great chemistry, I hope jen recruits them to form her own super team. Did anyone notice the sign behind blonsky that said “Abomaste” (namaste)?

Do you think jen will encounter josh in battle? Or just through a conversation leading to jen smacking josh and sending him flying?

1 Like

This show is fun and the cast is just awesome. I am looking forward to more Hill and some more action as the tensions all build.

2 Likes

For every “Disney’s gonna ruin Daredevil” take I see on the web
this episode erased on all those naysayers’ doomsaying as Charlie Cox’s portrayal as the Man Without Fear remains gloriously intact. His appearance was more than just a cameo. Matt Murdock pushed Jen’s arc forward to fantastic results when it comes to balancing a double life (in the courtroom or on the streets)

Charlie and Tatiana’s chemistry is off the charts and DD got a chance to shine and just when it seemed he was gonna steal the show with (you guessed it) a hallway fight!.Jen smashes her way to remind him who’s show this is and they had “coffee” (if you know, you know!)

My fanboy gushing aside, this episode did so much right to remind viewers that Daredevil is awesome and it puts Jen at a crucial crossroads after Intelligencia ruined her big night by leaking a video of her and Josh sleeping together
does Jen wanna be feared as a monster or respected as a lawyer?

It’s a smash hit half-hour. I fuckin’ loved it. (I was in stitches when Daredevil did the walk of shame in his suit!)

3 Likes

Mannie from Pacoima

Ribbit and rip it!!!

Favorite episode of the series!! The return of matt Murdock could only be provided by the king of fashion Luke Jacobs and what a return it was, as we got to see Matt and Jen go head to head not only in court but on the mean streets of L.A. with no one complaining about being hit too hard.

The chemistry between matt and Jen was off the charts and Tatiana herself felt like even more of a star this episode, she was definitely the perfect choice to cast as Jen Walters.
The last bit about there being a twist in the penultimate episode followed by nikki bringing out her wolverine claws was genius.

With Jen’s night now being ruined by intelligencia what will the finale bring to us next week? Also with W.h. letting us know he’s not interested in seeing red hulk I wanted to ask if any of you have heard about the rumors of Harrison Ford possibly being casted as general Ross and if this rumor is true, why is it easy for them to recast Ross but not my king T’challa?

1 Like

No need to read on air, it’s just ramblings but I got a few Q for the forums.

“No one is collecting African shit on my level” and that whole appropriation scene was great. It was almost as good as the netflix daredevil theme playing.

I’m guessing Cap was part of the intelligencia thing because they’re wanting more super soldier serum
 is that it? I’m wondering if there’s more to it than that.

The really obvious shield logo in the credits also has me wondering. I don’t know what that’s about. Anyone have any ideas?

The finale will obviously be busy in the forums so I’ll say thanks to the forum in advance. Easily my favourite way to engage online with people. Also thanks to Misters Park and Fann and Ms Peterson for these reviews.

Another great episode, the fun, and brevity of Daredevil’s influence were pretty great. I love, Love, LOVE the self-awareness of the show’s use of feckless manbois as the frame for this season’s antagonist(s). It’s such a perfectly premeditated punch in the simpy junk of all the shitbirds like Ben Shapiro claiming his it’s all what AOC wants men to be, and his simpy sus “doctorwife” agreeing that it’s “gross.”

I love thĂ© show, it’s smart, charming and fun.

1 Like

Scrump

Coming off of last week’s episode I really thought they’d be able to stick the landing with a finale but boy did they drop the ball.

I’m sure some will disagree but this whole episode was very cringey.

I didn’t expect The Avengers to show up or Kang to somehow be involved, but to just drop the multiple lingering plot threads and the show’s big mystery of who the Hulkking is for a “LMFAO get it? K.E.V.I.N?!” joke is Vince McMahon levels of wasting my time.

I understand wanting to subvert expectations and avoid the cliche massive fight with all the hero’s like the other MCU shows, but to take an 8 week long plot and throw it out the window is just piss poor storytelling from Marvel.

Yes she breaks the fourth wall and that’s fine, but this was just too much.

Very much like the whole “Ralph Boner” debacle from Wandavision.

Again, some people might love the “cute” ending but everyone would be cooking up WarnerBros on twitter if they pulled some shit like this.

Jen talking to K.E.V.I.N. was like MJF talking about AEW.

Good creativity but it didn’t make sense at all. If it was wanda controlling reality, maybe, but not she hulk. They skipped a fighting scene (and we did not get a lot of fighting in this show for a hulk production) and it looked like a cheap way out.

My least favourite MCU disney + show.

Mannie from Pacoima

Might be in the minority here but wasn’t a fan of the finally. I felt like they tried too hard with the 4th wall this time. Overall the series was great. The comedy was well done, the chemistry between the actors was amazing. The intro that payed homage to the og hulk show was a great touch! I’d like to know in what part of L.a. the walters live in cause their grass is too green in these times of water restrictions.

As someone who was never a fan of anything related to the hulk I wasn’t really interested in the show, but I’m glad I gave it a try cause it might be one of top 5. Really hope we get a season 2 announcement or a surprise cameo from Jen Walters real soon.

Once again many many thanks to Rich for hosting the she hulk series and bringing on some great guests, as well as the guests the legendary W.H.Park brougt on. Did anyone pay you at the Post meet ups for the Inoki slaps?
Shout out to the Pod father Nate and welcome back Wai. I raise a bottle of pineapple flavored jarritos soda to you all.

Jermaine from Chicago. Hello everyone, shout to my boy Nate Milton. She hulk was a good not great season to me. I was intrigued by seeing daredevil return but a little concern that they won’t get the feel of the Netflix series. I didn’t like this take on the wreck crew and found avengers earth mightiest heroes a better representation. A enjoyable first season. Really quick. The rock brung Superman back the man can do no wrong and will have my support the rest of his dc career thx

FUNNY GAMES!!!

Great 4th wall comparison.

I think the denouement for this season was to position Jen/She-Hulk into a balanced place where she, as a character, can be plugged into other properties while establishing her own. Using angry and entitled men as her first and underwhelming antagonists is the kind of self-aware context a lot of shows need more of. This season is a foundation, I appreciate that.

As opposed to WandaVision being a season of TV that closes chapters and repositions characters across other properties as well as introducing new ones, but used appropriations of pre-existing media through a “fourth-wall,” dynamic to leverage sitcoms to diffuse their narratives.

She-Hulk has indirect aesthetic and method appropriations applied to build its world. And having that work takes 8 episodes to move through Jen’s story, and grow She-Hulk’s through her. 4th wall breaks are autonomous characters driving the plot. Not a narrator or a third-party observer, so more care in growing and moving through their conflict is tough work to not rush through. Most films and TV properties that do 4th wall breaks historically apply them haphazardly.

This show moves more like Fight Club does, in slowly working towards both a colliding worlds moment, but ending in an alignment that leaves the protagonist in a self-aware, autonomous balance. Also, a good reason why Jen rejects the narrator, it was a moment where she chose it’s her show.

If we want to make a stretch
 We could suggest that the 4th wall breaking could be contextually canon based on the Multiverse storylines to this point.

I love this show, it’s smart, character-driven, and patient. The funny never felt forced and the drama felt holistic.

Tatiana 4 lyfe.

I look forward to seeing how Jen’s 4th wall breaks, and self-awareness can be used by Titania going forward. Titania at some point will have to figure it out and likely use it, or make Jen lose it.

Imagine Jen visiting K.E.V.I.N. after her story gets out of her control, and K.E.V.I.N. has a Titania swag bag and her She-Hulk products, just completely bribed.

Love it.

1 Like