On Rewind-A-Wai #125, we are going back to February 1993 for a review of two editions of Monday Night Raw.

These shows were chosen by Espresso Executive Producer @BeatleRyan.

Both shows can be streamed on the WWE Network:
February 15, 1993
February 22, 1993

Please include any feedback, questions, or memories of these shows in the thread for inclusion on the show.

Rewind-A-Wai #125 will be released Tuesday, Feb. 7 for all patrons at the POST Wrestling Café.

Feb. 15, 1993
*The Steiner Brothers vs. Glen Ruth & Bobby Who
*Yokozuna vs. Ross Greenberg
*16-Man Battle Royal
*Ted DiBiase vs. Brutus Beefcake

Feb. 22, 1993
*Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Scott Taylor
*Tatanka & Nasty Boys vs. Shawn Michaels & Beverly Brothers
*Crush vs. Terry Taylor
*The Undertaker vs. Skinner

Jesse from the 6

Shout out Headbanger Thrasher for two Rewind-A-Wai appearances in a short time period.

Over the years, you guys have reviewed several shows with some pretty abysmal commentators, but I think Rob Bartlett has to be the absolute worst. He wasn’t funny, he was disruptive, and he clearly didn’t follow the storylines or the characters. And all this at a time when Bobby Heenan was still with the company!

I thought Vince’s strategy of hyping up the 16-man battle royal was interesting. “Here are 16 cowards who were too afraid to fight a really tall guy.”

Question: After 30 years of WWE mythologizing, I’ve realized that I don’t know if there was anything special about Raw when it debuted. Was it actually special? It was essentially a replacement for Prime Time Wrestling on USA, right? So what was different about it? That it was live? But was it even live every week? The commentary definitely seemed dubbed on the first of these two shows.

Take Care