Leave your feedback and questions here for NJPW Sengoku Lord 2020 headlined by EVIL vs. Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP Heavyweight/Intercontinental Double Championship.

Mike Murray and I will be back Sunday for a Patreon-exclusive POST Show discussing the event.

This was a good, but not great show. I really loved the second match it was a lot of fun and a great mix of veterans and young lions.

Okada vs. Yujiro was fine. It did not go too long and I thought a lot of the skepticism that this would be bad was unwarranted.

Shingo vs. El Desperado was pretty good but I would say it is just a step below the Shingo vs. Sho matches.

And as for the main event. It seems to be quite controversial online. On one hand, I don’t think EVIL has the chops to be champion but I liked both this match and his match against Naito. I would not call either of these the match of the year though. Given Naito coming out after this match and the Jingu Stadium show they announced I certainly don’t think this EVIL run as champion will end up hurting New Japan and those that really hate this EVIL reign will probably end up forgetting about it soon after August.

1 Like