Rate NJPW Summer Struggle:

0 voters

Later today, Wai and I will have an NJPW Summer Struggle POST Show for members of the POST Wrestling Café.

Leave us your feedback from today’s show.

NJPW Summer Struggle
Saturday, August-29-20
Jingu Stadium
*Double Championship Match: EVIL (champion) vs. Tetsuya Naito
*IWGP Tag Title Match: Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi (champions) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi
*IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Hiromu Takahashi (champion) vs. Taiji Ishimori
*NEVER Openweight Championship: Shingo Takagi (champion) vs. Minoru Suzuki
*KOPW 2020 Crown: Kazuchika Okada vs. El Desperado vs. Toru Yano vs. SANADA
Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Master Wato

Nice unexpectedly quick show tonight. Whatever they’re doing with Wato, I hope there’s a payoff to it and he’s not just junior YOSHI HASHI, maybe he can team with Yoh when he gets back for a Milhouse and Bart tag team. Yoh just comes off as a Bart to me.

I’m glad they sent the crowd home happy with that huge Naito victory, posing under the fireworks, as a long time Naito fan, I’ve been waiting for this cathartic celebration since Wrestle Kingdom 12. Still think a big celebration at this year’s Wrestle Kingdom would’ve been better but I’m not complaining. Kind of wish they brought back the exploding ropes for this match though.

Also did you guys catch Gedo smack talking BUSHI with “WATCHU DOING? WATCHU DOING COCKSUCKER?” before he throws him out of the ring? Gedo always delivers the goods.

Jalen from Pickering,

Easily the best show since the return. Fair to say in hindsight that this would’ve been Dominion had the world not stopped. Everyone had their working boots on, and the pace was excellent. I know they were being as efficient as possible, but I would’ve appreciated a video package before the main event. With Okada, Sanada, Hiromu, Shingo, Tana, and Ibushi losing tonight I think we have an interesting G1 ahead of us, as you can buy any of these guys facing Naito at the dome.
And OMG LIJ ARE ACTUALLY GOOD FRIENDS!