FEEDBACK - NXT TakeOver XXX

Hello ! its lit. Post it !

Hiya!

Tonight’s NXT Takeover was pretty great. But there were two big problems I had. Both in the same match!

• Balor/Thatcher was a great technical match.
  • The ladder match was…there. Dream in it completely soured me on the match. Priest winning was the right call though.
  • Cole vs McAfee was probably my match of the night.
  • Shirai vs Kai was also really great, and I’m glad Io overcame the odds, not exactly a fan of them teasing Rhea as champion again though. Io has so much more she can do.
  • The less I say about Kross/Lee the better. That match was very, very, poor by even a normal episode of NXT standards. Putting the title on Kross was a massive mistake.

No Question of the Week, since I already asked you one.

Jake from The Windy City here!

A strong start but then for some reason took a slight curve turn in the middle of it. McAfee sure as hell proved me wrong tonight as he was the most impressive person on tonight’s show. Unless Keith Lee is moving brands, I don’t understand taking the belt off him already. Keith needed a long title reign to establish himself instead, he relinquished one title and lost the other. This makes him look like a geek. Real shame and I’m really confused right now with NXT’s booking lately but then again, they’ve set the bar so incredibly high on these Takeovers.

However, will always look forward to the upNXT reviews afterward. Can’t wait for the LIT Tailgate tomorrow! Let’s Go!

MJ

Ooo Ooo ooo Im on :fire:

Mauro not being on this show resulted in an automatic minus 1. I cannot stand Graves and he reeks of main roster trash. More on that in a second.

• Balor continues his winning ways since coming back to NXT. I don’t think he’s lost a feud and will be a great big name to feed Kross.
  • Candace was the standout of another TakeOver on Summerslam weekend. I think Bam Bam Bronson has a great future and Grimes is a cult hero. Ladder match was on par with TakeOver New Orleans. Candace made it a standout.
  • cancels the awards for 2020. Give them all the Pat Mac. I’d say more but have a feeling everyone will.
  • Io is an incredible seller. Rarified air when it comes to doing all the intangibles. Kai has developed soooo well in her role and the women’s division, simile to main roster, is the highlight of the Brand.
  • Voiced my opinion in the WatchAlong Chat - criticism for the Main finish is overdone. Kross is not a cool heel. He’s a monster heel. His entrance was LIT, and had he had a big moment for his win he’d be way too face. Lee has been built as a great baby face. He got plenty of stuff in this match before losing suddenly. He didn’t look weak in defeat, it was sudden and definitive which is a great way to end a show when you are giving a monster heel a win that you don’t want being cheered.

Now, as to why AEW is so much more fresh and interesting than NXT. NXT always benefited from low expectations for guys we were just thrilled to see on the Network. We forget that most the roster are lesser known and still developing names in terms of personality and presence. It comes across very awkward now that they are trying to present NXT as a main-onA TV brand. Like crowds at full sail when that was a thing - the NXT universe doesn’t match the elevated status of the show on USA and it’s not the talents Or bookings fault. AEW dynamite is a main brand With big names and therefore we associate their undercard with being elevated to that level and if guys like MJF, Sammy And Darby were in NXT they’d feel like Grimes and Thatcher. The AEW young crop benefit from being in there with perceived bigger names.

This takeover was GrEAT and it only suffered for the lack of Mauro. Luckily I had you guys. Miss you and how we should be together this weekend like we were last summer.

Mj

Jackie from Orlando
I feel the general opinion will be Kross v Lee was bad, but I loved it. Felt very different than a typical NXT or WWE match. I really thought this show was great, my highlights being Balor and Thatcher, the Women’s Championship, and the main event. My only complaint was Dream in the ladder match. Any of his comebacks or offense felt so weird. Wish they’d just put someone else in that spot as he was pretty irrelevant.
Who beats Kross? Someone currently on the roster or someone else?

Hey guys

Overall I felt like this was an average takeover.

My match of the night was the Ladder Match for the North American Title. Glad to see someone new get a bit of a push even if it wasn’t my pick Cameron Grimes. Especially glad to see they didnt do something dumb like book Dream to win it.

One question: Brayden, how could you forget the best football player turned wrestler of all time, Steve Mongo McMichaels.

Anywho have a great night and AHOY!

My favorite Takeover since last year’s Wargames if not longer. Maybe even my favorite corona-era wrestling show top to bottom.Turns out Pat McAfee rules. Best Match Ever: Celebrity Edition sounds like a good idea for the Patreon.

Brandon from Oshawa

Glad that the overrated Keith Lee lost and proved he was nothing more than a transitional champion. I can’t believe anyone actually thought there would be a result, other than Kross winning the title. Keith Lee was nothing before the move to USA. He fills up a spot. He’ll do the same on the main roster and people will whine about it.

I thought everyone would be hotter on the ladder match, I loved it. Main event was blah. McAfee was great but the finish was bad.