On Rewind-A-Wai #133, John & Wai review ROH Best in the World 2011 from the Hammerstein Ballroom.

This was chosen by Espresso Executive Producer Andrew MacDonald.

The deadline for questions & feedback is Tuesday, June 13.

The show will be released on Thursday for POST Café members.

Watch ROH Best in the World 2011 (Honor Club):
https://www.watchroh.com/details/26025

ROH Best in the World
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Manhattan, New York
Hammerstein Ballroom
*ROH Championship: Eddie Edwards (c) vs. Davey Richards
*ROH Tag Titles Match - Elimination Match: Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (c) vs. All Night Express vs. The Briscoes vs. Kings of Wrestling
*ROH Television Championship: Christopher Daniels (c) vs. El Generico
*Steve Corino vs. Michael Elgin
*No Holds Barred Street Fight: Homicide vs. Rhino
*Jay Lethal vs. Mike Bennett
*Colt Cabana vs. Tommaso Ciampa

This era of ROH was awesome with a stacked roster of amazing talent. A returning Jay Lethal looked quite happy to be back and Wrestlings Greatest Tag Team was a great get by the company. Wrestling companies should model themselves after ROH during this period as not only were they in the business of making stars but of making champions. I counted 7 future Ring of Honor world champions on the undercard of this PPV – 8 if you count Steen. I recall the main event getting some criticism at the time for being too long but I thought it was excellent. To keep up that pace and hit that hard for that long really built the aura that these two were indeed a pair of the sports top athletes. It also stood out for being so pure, conventional wrestling philosophy would dictate a heel turn and shennanigans to end the match but they just left the story simple, as tag team partners and friends going to war to determine the Best in the World culminating in emotional and touching moments in the post match. Be honest here guys, did you get choked up at the end? I may have. Maybe…. Anyways, this was a really solid show and perhaps you guys can explain to me why Corinos thumb in the bum was ever a thing.