I’ve been going to the infamous, incomparable Ted Reeve Arena since Border Wars in 2012. This was the biggest show to date being the first tour with New Japan talent. It felt more special than the current tours with only two shows: this Toronto one and New York. I remember at the time I thought we got the short end of the stick in Canada with only NJPW vs NJPW aND ROH vs ROH, while New York had matches fused between groups.

In hindsight, we got a great show! Since the guys were working their own guys there were clean finishes and a lot of pressure to shine. Adam Cole was coming into his own in the main event. Roddy vs Cedric was my match of the night and this was the first match that made me really notice Cedric Alexander. Tanahashi was the most over guy on the show in my opinion.

On a personal note, I met and took pictures with AJ Styles, Okada, Tanahashi, and Nakamura. I’m glad I did as for half this opportunity doesn’t exist. All were extremely nice, especially Nakamura who let me hold his IWGP IC title.

Tanahashi was hanging out by the tables watching the show later in the night. It was really a cool experience seeing these guys as stars but also interacting with them as nice people. It’s not surprising in today’s climate why ALL IN was such a success. The old school way is the wrestlers are stars above the fray. But today’s indy guys have a more personal relationship with their fans. You monetize your fan base if you like them. You don’t have to be in awe of the young bucks or pass out if you’re in Codys presence. You want to support them because they work hard and they are nice.

I felt that from talent in 2014 and continue to feel that from ROH in general. Their announcers, camera people, executives etc have come up my to my friends and I after shows to ask us if we had a good time and to thank us for attending.

A very good choice @Brad_The_Archivist!

1 Like