This Tuesday, Wai Ting and I return with our latest MCU review for members of the POST Wrestling Cafe.

This week, we are reviewing Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017).

From IMDB:
Peter Parker balances his life as an ordinary high school student in Queens with his superhero alter-ego Spider-Man, and finds himself on the trail of a new menace prowling the skies of New York City.

Please leave your feedback on the film for Tuesday’s show.

Another great outing from marvel here. They nailed the casting in every way possible. Holland is by far my favorite Spidey. Ned (the guy in the chair) is another great casting choice. They really play off each other great. Micheal Keaton was the perfect villain choice. So glad they didn’t go with another origin story.

Jalen from Pickering,

“Marvel humor” fits so perfectly with the Spiderman character, and Tom Holland was the perfect guy for the role. I never thought I would care about the Vulture, but Keaton is great in it. I can’t remember the last time a twist got me so well. From the moment he opens the door you just feel the movie growing in the level of intensity, which was especially great in the car scene.
I find that the ending fight loses me along the way, but the beginning and end of it are really good and the movie is still great.

What I found most interesting about this Spider-Man reboot is (and this is very comic nerd of me) that it is a mash up of Peter Parker as Spider-Man and Miles Morales as Spiderman. Having a best bud Ned that knows the secret is a Morales trait, and the school setting is more like miles in the comics. While still pulling from the Peter story.

Overall this was a very enjoyable Spider-Man film.