FEEDBACK: The Mandalorian Season Finale and Rise of Skywalker

I think last jedi had problems but the taking chances and making it different form ESB was not it.

Instead we got dumbass JJ bringing back a dead man for no reason and making him a grandpa

1 Like

JJ brought back a dead man, because RJ killed the main villain in E8 out of nowhere and for no particular reason. Thus said - both are flawed, but the person mostly responsible for this mess is Kathleen Kennedy. She’s like Vince McMahon of the Star Wars Universe, running it without a long term/endgame plan, switching directors and screenwriters left and right. This is what divided and alienated the “toxic” fans for the last two episodes. Who are the same fans that now love The Mandalorian.

2 Likes

It’s bizzare that prior to anything they wouldn’t have had all the directors of the 3 movies sit together and hash out a basic storyline and plot points (ie who is the big baddie, who are reys parents, what is the main arc for all the characters etc). This just screams of nitro booking

I’ve heard the same thing.

And it seems like the opposite in the marvel universe. It feels like they had a pretty solid plan, which I appreciate.

The problem was definitely a lack of a clear vision/gameplan.

Kennedy, Abrams, & Johnson should’ve found a way to work in unison for all 3 films. Somewhere in between TFA & TLJ is a great Star Wars story, but for whatever reason (ego, a power play, listening to the fans TOO much, etc.), they dropped the ball and the new trilogy reflects that discord.

TROS is a fine film, but not nearly as epic (or coherent) as it could have been. If you put it next to Disney’s other “saga-ending film” from 2019 (Avengers: Endgame), it pales in comparison. :100:

3 Likes

I think you hit the nail on the head - it just lacks a cohesive vision. And endgame set a high bar

1 Like

Finally saw TROS so here are my thoughts.

Mandalorian was a great ending to a fun first season setting up the story for next season and a good villain. I was kind of hoping for there to be a crew of heroes going forward as I liked the team chemistry.

TROS was fun but it seemed to be non-stop action with very few down beats lots of light saber fighting and blaster shoot outs. The one thing my wife and I both remarked on was how similar the final battle here was to the final battle in Endgame. In both a main hero (Cap and Poe) is losing hope until he gets a radio call from the falcon followed by a huge army showing up. Then the whole “I am all the sith.” “And I am all the Jedi” seemed very similar to “I am Inevitable.” And “I am Ironman” scene.

Never saw the comparison to endgame before. Well done!

1 Like

Wasnt sure where to post this…either way, this suck :frowning: