Scrump

Hello gentlemen!

Due to work I was unable to attend the live stream of the show but I’m pretty sure I didn’t miss anything as WH surely had nothing bad to say about this movie.

This movie has gotten a lot of shit from everyone but I thought it was just fine.

Marvel is in this weird place in phase 4 where they’re not really doing much besides introducing new characters and not really progressing any over arching story with a big threat, so I didn’t expect this movie to do much in terms of story telling.

This is a sequel to Ragnarok’s version of Thor but people came out shitty expecting the Russo’s version of Thor.
Even watching the trailer it was clear that they were going with goofy Thor and not this one eyed guilt ridden deity out to avenge his fallen brother.

The only thing I was bummed out with was there still no introduction to Beta Rey Bill.

If they were going to be introducing multiple Thor’s I thought surely they would introduce him.

Question:

Do you guys see Hercules joining up the Thunderbolts that Allegra de Fontaine is putting together to fill in the Thor role on her team?

1 Like

James from Auckland.

Missed the cut off for this, but I really enjoyed the film. Taika dumping seems to be the flavour of the month online, judging from all the critic and fan negativity, but Taika pretty much takes that stuff in his stride.
While not as good as Ragnarok, I really dig the off kilter humour of the newer Thor films and iit makes a nice change of pace from some of the more ‘serious’ marvel films. While it did seem that Gorr was plucked from a different film at times I thought his intro was amazing and juxtaposed him nicely with the campy gods straight away.
Definitely one of the better marvel films of phase four for me so far.
That Russell Crowe Zeus!

1 Like

In hindsight its probably good you didn’t read my feedback. It was too silly and someone (not naming names) had enough with silliness.

WH did nail it on the head; the character had to regress to pre ragnorok to address the pre regnarok storyline and it loses the growth he had in infinity war and endgame. Such a shame. The comedy was good, but I never quite put my finger on why the character arc wasn’t satisfying til the review you guys put up.

1 Like