Allo, allo, allo! Davie Portman here requesting all of your feedback for this week’s NXT featuring the Semi Finals of the Dusty Classic!

Listen by searching “upNXT” wherever you find your podcasts or watch LIVE on Twitch tonight at 10:15EST

Hiya!

• That Cameron Grimes segment was absolutely outstanding. Easily the best WWE related comedy segment done in many years.
  • Speaking of segments, that Io Shirai promo package was vastly superior to the Toni and Mercedes packages. Hopefully they change course on the main event though, because I’m not feeling Balor/Dunne as the main event.
  • KUSHIDA touched the title, which is bad news for his hopes at Takeover.

Question of the Week: I dunno if BrayD watched RAW this Monday, but what are your thoughts on Lacey likely beating Asuka for the title at Elimination Chamber (and them very likely doing Charlotte/Lacey at WM)? The Charlotte/Lacey feud has been an absolute trash fire in every aspect, and the matches have been easily the worst women’s matches since the diva era ended. I just hope that Asuka finds her way onto the WM card after losing the title. Maybe challenge Io or something, especially since they have history together, and there won’t be a Takeover during WM weekend.

A hot go-home show that proved my predictions right.

• The two Dusty cup finals are toss-ups. I called the women’s tag title shot being up for grabs and it heightens DK and Raquel vs Ember/Shotzi

• Cameron Grimes cashing in on the GameStop stocks during his layoff was hilarious stuff

• So was Johnny Gargano’s Batista-like whiny promo.

• Xia Li ruled

• NXT does women’s tag team wrestling SO much better than the main roster

• I loved the old school hard sell for Sunday with the staredowns

Cupid’s got the night off on Sunday.

Dusty cup matches were pretty fire ( msk-legado was excellent and the main event was hard hitting fun). Love the MSK rocket push. We got 2 finals set up that should be good to great We got CAMERON GRIMES (HA HA) STOCK TRADER ?! (I personally thought he was pretty hilarious) I even had fun with the Way-Kushida stuff (not the Lumis part though the fake Lumis chants had me cracking up). And most important: we got our Tian Sha fix. Takeover will be lit. No real big complaints. See ya Sunday in the watchalong fire chat.

Enjoyed the American diner conversation in the twitch chat.

2 Likes