FEEDBACK upNXT: April 1st 2020

Allo, allo, allo! Davie Portman here requesting all your feedback for tonight’s episode of NXT!

1 Like

Eva from London,
Random Shayna Baszler Fact!!!
Shayna Baszler is a connoisseur of craft beer, her favorite types of beer being porters and stouts.

Just wanted to say i feel bad with Mania around the corner, that the first Mania appearance for Shayna Baszler is in front of no crowd. She has scratched and clawed for everything she has earned in both MMA and pro wrestling, beginning in 2002, to reach Wrestlemania. Instead of coming out to a crowd of 80,000 plus, with a heavy metal band playing her to the ring live, she comes out to empty chairs. Whether you are a Baszler fan or hater, she deserves better than this.

Nxt on whole this week was average. Weird how last week austin theory lost to breeze, and now he’s on Wrestlemania. Huh.
Keep up the good work BrayD and Davie

Chris Thunder from Down Under

Hey Yo, I as lucky enough to watch head-to-head tonight.

Positives

• I like the idea of having these Takeover matches on TV this week and next.

• The presentation of NXT feels so much better then RAW & SmackDown right now.

• So happy for Dakota Kai to advance to the ladder match next week, hopefully she can throw Candis LeRay off a ladder.

Negatives

• This “replacement” commentary was terrible, this colour guy is horrible.

• Poorly timed ad breaks. Legit the main event rung the bell to start and went straight to commercials.

• TNA gimmicks of “Dexter Lumas (Samual Shaw)” & “Joaquin Wilde (DJ Z / Zima Ion)” were not over their years ago maybe start from scratch?

Overall
A good show to sit back and relax to, given the current state of the world and credit to NXT for pre-taping in advance.

Hello NXT friends, FRIENDS, Friends…

I enjoyed the show tonight, despite heel Sam Roberts on commentary trying multiple times to get the line over about waiting for Kushida to impress him.

I really thought the way they did the overhead graphics on the introductions for the triple threat was a good idea and made it appear more sports-like while distracting from the silence between intros.

I think the two luchadors are working for the Florida government and are just there to enforce their 30 day stay-at-home order.

Shotzi Blackheart coming out without the tank made me sad because the tank is totally over.

Dexter Loomis looks like someone tried to cross Stunning Steve Austin with Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Here is something I just thought about… With no crowd and no picture in picture during commercial breaks, do you think the wrestlers are standing around until the commercial break is almost over?

In all seriousness, I hope you guys and the whole NXT family stay safe and well during these quarantines and lockdowns. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to run away from two luchadors chasing me in a van.

Chris from Pennsylvania,

Probably my biggest takeaway from tonight is that they didn’t forget about Raul Mendoza, with the Lucha Dark Order kidnapping Wilde tonight too. The main event was good, my favorite spot was Lee just powerbombing Priest onto Dijakovic repeatedly. It was a little sad to see the NXT Takeover tron in the background, and I think commercials did hurt this match a bit. The women’s gauntlet was a good showcase for Shotzi, but it was hard to get into since the rest of the field was mostly enhancement talent. I don’t know what NXT’s plan is long-term, but if these empty arena shows continue beyond next week, I’d love to see them give the performers a bit more promo time. The main roster has really had some amazing promos over the past couple of weeks and I think it would be a good move to break up some of the wrestling with some more mic work.