FEEDBACK upNXT: August 26th 2020

Allo, allo, allo! Davie Portman here requesting all of your feedback for tonight’s episode of NXT featuring a major announcement from Karrion Kross, the return of Tommaso Ciampa, Imperium vs Breezango for the NXT Tag Team Championship, Santos Escobar vs Isaiah “Swerve” Scott for the NXT Cruiserweight Championship…and more!

Braden and I will be recording “upNXT” LIVE on YouTube at 10:30PM EST and we would love for you to join in the chat!

https://www.youtube.com/c/upNXT/live

Cool Kyle face turn. I see many banger matches coming and even more tears. Sad to see the start but I hope this means Kyle will get a big push. Also Balor in min 45 with 5 pin falls for the win next week.

Andrew from Cape Breton

So, the other day, Triple H woke up and he thought to himself, you know what? I’m not getting enough heat from the Velveteen Dream problems. Better bring in another guy who was accused of inappropriate behaviour with children with the return of Austin Theory. Triple H or whoever is controlling NXT isn’t just a clown, he’s the whole circus. Despite that, NXT was actually pretty good tonight. I liked the tag title match and Breezango finally getting some titles in WWE besides FCW where they teamed with Tyler Reks and Roman Reigns respectively. I liked that there seemed to be some logic in picking NXT Title contenders, unlike the NXT North American title where some recent loser can maybe get a title shot. The highlight as usual was the women. NXT has the best women’s division outside of Japan and has real main event players. 7 out of 10 show tonight.

My idea to crown the next NXT Champion;

The first-annual NXT-1 Climax! We can dream can’t we? But I hope they do a sports-based tourney idea since their track record is pretty darn good. (Edit: the 4-way idea is cool too and it’s GONNA be Ciampa since they already had plans for Kross as heel champ)

Black lives matter today and always. Wear a mask and cover your nose too. Be good, y’all.

Karrion Kross having to surrender the NXT title, several days removed from Takeover 30 does bite in a lot of ways. The parallels to Finn Balor’s Universal title win are striking. One has to wonder if Keith Lee’s move to Raw was the right call in retrospect.
The fallout episode kept everything moving with a purpose. It was so cool to see Breezango become tag team champions, Tommaso Ciampa got his edge back and Swerve/Escobar was a damn good Cruiserweight title match.
It was also nice to see Kyle O’Reilly in a singles match and next Tuesday is shaping up to be insane with a huge 4-way dance under Iron Man rules between Gargano, Ciampa, Cole and Balor and it could be a lemons-to-lemonade answer to Kross’ injury
Io Shirai main eventing again is a big W in my book. 7.5/10

Hiya!

NXT was pretty great tonight.

• Karrion Kross having to vacate the title sucks, but it is what it is.
  • The 60 minute iron man match will be great.
  • Is Mia Yim turning heel? Sure seems like it if she isn’t going to be a part of Retribution.
  • Rhea has looked pretty weak over the past few weeks. She has to be getting called up pretty soon. Also keep her away from a microphone. Her promo tonight was really, really bad and the closing zinger felt like something someone would say in kindergarten.
  • Raquel Gonzalez is probably getting the next title shot since she pinned Rhea, but I can’t see her winning it either. Nor should she. She’s kinda green still, and I’m not really interested in hoss women running over the division. Her and Dakota are desperately needed in the women’s tag division more than anything else.

Question of the Week: How do you guys feel about Shayna and Nia getting a women’s tag title match at Payback? The thought of them potentially being tag champions fills me with horror, and not the good kind.

Paul from New Jersey

Talk about your all time backfires, your former NXT champion on RAW in a skirt as your new champ has to relinquish the gold. Have no fear, there is a place for the NXT title & it’s STRAIGHT TO THE MOON! Perhaps in time. Happy for Breezsngo even if the title switch was because NXT UK is starting up again soon. Candice had a terrific promo package & I’m glad Wade Barrett voiced my opinion about old Ballpit Blackheart. Glad Barrett is coming back for next week. It made sense for Io to defeat Dakota, but I hope Dakota doesn’t get lost in the shuffle. She’s been nothing short of brilliant.

This weeks Kona Fact-Kona was very excited for the return of Roman Reigns calling him “Big Uce”. Glad to see Kona putting over guys smaller than him. #TeamPlayer

PS good for the Milwaukee Bucks & other teams refusing to play today. Although it might be a small gesture it’s something. Fuck those cops. I’m disgusted with this country.

Ahoy!

Austin Theory? Really?

Anyway, Io rules.

Ahoy!

Charbel the chosen one

I could only wish to look as lit as Robert stone …

Plz push drake , I think I’m gonna watch some of is old stuff in the uk and for me too watch something else then Wwe is pretty rare , Davie a special match I should see first of him :)? Or bray d something of impact I should go look for

I had the same smile as ciampa after that ddt off the stretcher , because he and I knew how much atlas sold like a prom

Priest looks like one bad ass mother fucker with too many white claws in ! I think his character must be an hommage or inspiration to the bray d of pre covid era !

Next week one hour iron man match .mis going to be insane and I hope it will be the best match nxt tv as ever put on !

Man I think shotzi as more balls then me , give her the strap and let her rock me all night long (insert wolf howling here plz )

Which japanese promotion are you thinking about ?

Honestly I’m not sure, haha. I’ve heard good things about Stardom, but I didn’t want to say the best women’s division in the world because I know Japan has a much stronger women’s scene.

Mayu Iwatani is world class like Io, Kairi or Asuka. I don’t know about the rest of the roster. Bea Priestley is alright.