FEEDBACK upNXT: December 2nd 2020

Allo, allo, allo! Davie Portman here requesting all of your feedback for tonight’s episode of NXT featuring Raquel Gonzalez vs Shotzi Blackheart in a Ladder Match for War Games advantage, Damian Priest & Leon Ruff vs Santos Escobar & Raul Mendoza…and more!

Join us LIVE for our POST Show on YouTube and Twitch at 10:20PM EST.

YouTube.com/upNXT

Hiya! Not gonna leave too much here tonight.

• Shotzi winning the War Games advantage was unexpected but welcome. I sorta expected the mysterious fourth member of Shotzi’s team (who ended up being Io, which wasn’t a surprise, considering Candice and friends laid her out last week) to help her win. Just a reminder that predictable does not always equal bad. Otherwise an average episode of NXT.

• Predictions for WarGames: Ciampa, Lumis, TUE, Team Shotzi, Gargano (but he loses it like two weeks later to continue the curse, I don’t think he’s breaking it while he’s a heel).

Question of the Week: If you guys get ahold of it, are you going to listen to Kairi’s new podcast? She announced she plans on doing one soon (first episode is on Saturday, and will be in English and Japanese), but it will be livestreamed, and the episode will be uploaded on the 19th for others to download and watch/listen to.

Chris from Pennsylvania,

Hey fellas, just wanted to leave some quick feedback since I won’t able to join the live stream tonight. I’m really impressed with what NXT has done with Shotzi this year. She’s on a War Games team with 3 former NXT women’s champions and feels like just as big of a star as anyone on the team. I would not complain if they spin off a storyline between Shotzi and Io after this Sunday and have Shotzi eventually take the belt off of Io.

Question: I see you guys are doing a Best Of 2020 show on the Patreon. Will the entire show just be a recap of the Xia Li/Boa storyline?

Tonight’s go-home show did its job pushing forward to WarGames. Grizzled Young Vets and Imperium had a cracking match. Jake Atlas got to shine against Tony Nese. Leon Ruff/Damien Priest vs LDF made Leon look strong and the identities of two other ghostfaces leaves more questions than answers. Shotzi/Raquel was a solid ladder match with the unsurprising addition of Io Shirai to Shotzi’s army. Solid promos from the UE and Pat McAfee and company, too.

P.S. Dezmond Xavier and Zack Wentz are coming to NXT down the road. Trey Miguel’s absence is intriguing.

Onward to Sunday