FEEDBACK upNXT Movie Review - Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)

Allo, allo, allo! Davie Portman here requesting all of your feedback for our next movie review - Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope. Braden and I have been going through all the films chronologically and we are finally at the film that kicked everything off. We would love to hear all of your thoughts! May the force be with you…

I’m surprised this doesn’t have any feedback yet.

Gary from Texas.

What else is there to say about one of the most talked about movies of all time. A new hope is an absolute classic. What makes the movie still resonate is the incredible chemistry between Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford. Leia’s storyline and strength of character is still a highlight and that the character broke many “damsel in distress” stereotypes with her brains, wit and leadership.

This is not my favorite Star Wars film but it’s definitely the most important and one of the most important films in cinema history.

What is your favourite Star Wars film? Empire strikes back?

The wrath of khan then Empire then Revenge of the Jedi

Wrath of khan is Star Trek not Star Wars

Fact check yourself before you type.

Wrath of khan is Star Trek. Get lost

Seriously pal you need to check yourself

Greetings:

Long ago in a theater far, far away, I and a cousin went to see a new movie, “Star Wars”.

We both left the theater different than when we entered.

It was the right film at the right time, when Americans were struggling with a more nuanced view of their society and Jimmy Carter was trying to put a more humble face on the nation after the debacle of Watergate, a nation which longed for the good old days of cowboys and indians, of gunfights and heroes.

I prefer the original movie for its relative innocence, compared to the prequels and final trilogy. A New Hope is less sophisticated, more elementary, and more cheesy.

Rewatching this movie years later becomes an exercise in nostalgia for me, so I doubt I can objectively evaluate this movie in 2019.

Ahoy!

Imran from Huddersfield

My two favourite things for this movie are:

1. When Luke says “Obi Wan Kenobi… I wonder if she means Old Ben Kenobi” … I mean no shit Sherlock. How many Kenobi’s does Luke know exactly?

and…

1. When Vader “kills” Obi Wan and the cloak drops to the floor… Vader stamps his foot around on it - just to check that there isn’t somehow a body in the crumpled fabric. It’s completely random and bloody fantastic.

Great film. 10/10

The film that led the way to Nick Jackson to become Merch freak,this is the film that showed everyone the way when it came to merchandise,and gave George Lucas the money to make episodes 1,2 and 3.
So in theory we all should hate the success of Star Wars,but we cant the film is Iconic,Skywalker,Han,Leia,Darth,walking carpets, tie fighters, The Enterprise, x wings, death star,stormtroopers banging their heads,and so much more so,so iconic.

Live long and may the force be with you.

Paul from New Jersey

starship troopers is way better.

Have you seen the updated fan made light sabre fight with Ben and Vadar? It’s awesome and incorporates more KD the athletic combat we have come to see from modern movies

who is vadar chap you speak of? is he a klingon?

I’ve seen it and it’s pretty well done.

But my “head cannon” is that in the scenes between what we see on film Vader and Obi Wan are filled in an intense battle of wills where they are probing each other’s minds and limiting their physical use of the force. The lightsabers are almost immaterial for two old masters who can deflect blaster fire which is why it seems so much less impressive than their previous duel. But really it’s much more intense.