Allo, allo, allo! Davie Portman here requesting all of your feedback for The Inbetweeners Movie (2011). I have just caught up Braden with the entire Series (Only 18 episodes). They are all available to watch on youtube. Here is a link to episode 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hcYmP8YrXQ

“This rib-tickling series follows four English lads as they try – and fail spectacularly – to navigate the wretched no-man’s land of adolescence.”

“Now that their final year of school is over, friends Will, Simon, Neil and Jay are off to Crete for a holiday. Hoping to get as much sun, sea and sex as possible, the boys quickly find more trouble than they had bargained for.”

We will be talking about the series in general and then go into detail on the first movie. We will leave this thread open for a couple of weeks and record the show the first week of February.

Ahoy!!

Huge fan of the inbetweeners and looking forward to the review.

It’s interesting to see how Canadian/American viewers see this as I perceive it as very British and when they made an American version, it didn’t translate well.

As someone from the U.K, I could see parts of every character in either my school-friends or myself at school age.

The best part of the show, in my opinion is how terrible “banter” is perceived as good.

Loved the movie too, the dancing scene is an absolute classic, however I was slightly dissapointed in the ending. All the main characters got a fitting ending, bar Will, he didn’t need to get the long term girlfriend at the end, he should just have lost his virginity. That was his entire pursuit the whole series, and I don’t feel the beautiful girl deciding to be his girlfriend to be a fitting end to his story.

Cheers.

Burak from London.

Love this show, some of my favourite scenes are:

• Jay trying to ride a Scooter and then falling off it and headbutting a door.
  • Will on drugs at the party asking for his mum
  • Bus wanker

I enjoyed the film, it was pretty much just an extended episode of the show. For some reason, my favourite bit is when Simon gets hit by that quad bike

1 Like

post wrestling wankers

Let em start off with I am an American and 51, so I may not be the target audience for this show. I love it, but as a disclaimer I have been watching British comedies since I was a youngster. So far only through the first season and 1 into the 2nd. my wife rolls her eyes and walks out the room when she sees me watching this stuff, or other British shows, she doesn’t get the humor.

Looking forward to the review, hope I can find the movie. BTY I have been watching on Netflix

Did anyone ever catch the American version of this?It was shockingly bad.
Favorite episode of the original is field trip to Swanage, Neil being groomed by pedo Kennedy,

Kennedy and this punching a fish to death the highlights

1 Like

“Feisty one, you are”

It’s the realistic version of life at British school compared to something like skins. Very funny and still can pick out quotes today. Bus wankers!