Allo, allo, allo! Davie Portman here requesting all your feedback for tonight’s episode of NXT featuring a Face-To-Face between Kyle O’Reilly and Finn Balor, moderated by Shawn Michaels, Johnny Gargano & Candice LeRae vs Damian Priest & Io Shirai in a Mixed Tag Match and Shotzi Blackheart vs Dakota Kai.

Braden and I will be going LIVE on YouTube at 10:30PM EST and the audio version will be available wherever you find your podcasts tomorrow morning.

YouTube.com/upNXT

Eva from London,
Just 3 questions

1. Odds on UE turning on Kool Kyle after he wins the title on Sunday? I am unfortunately getting vibes of Hunter turning on Randall Orton back in 2004
  2. Any translation on what Io said during her backstage interview with Priest?
  3. How in the hell is Taichi doing better in the G1 than both Suzuki and Ishii? I do not get Taichi’s strong booking…he’s less credible than Yujiro

Hiya!

Not much to say tonight, or rather I’m sorta busy so I’ll just leave my brief thoughts, and predictions.

• Velveteen Dream fucking sucks and I hope Kushida beats his ass on Sunday.

• My hot take is that Damien and Io had SIGNIFICANTLY more chemistry together as a team in the ring than Candice and Johnny.

• Match itself was great, and Johnny sold like death for Io.

As for the predictions, with Johnny and Candice using underhanded tactics and standing tall, AND posing with the titles, I definitely think they are losing on Sunday, and they should (its too early for Priest to lose the title, and Io has way too many matches she should have on NXT as champion first). WWE is also plastering pictures of them posing and wearing the titles all over their social media.

Question of the Week: If Survivor Series is still brand supremacy stuff this year, how would you feel about Sasha (or Bayley) vs Asuka vs Io as the women’s triple threat champions showcase match? It would be probably one of the best women’s matches in WWE history. I can’t see Candice representing NXT as she still feels like someone who is much lower on the totem pole compared to a Rhea or Io.

Despite a rushed build, NXT had a last ditch effort tonight to push Takeover 31 and for the most part, it has paid off. The Prime Target segment documenting Kyle O’Reilly heading into the biggest match of his career was terrific and the face-to-face sit down with Finn Balor was even better as their personalities played off of one another very well

Shotzi and DK put on a hot opener (with a scary spot that had me worried) Swerve and Escobar had a solid war of words. Damien Priest and Io Shirai became a tag team that I didn’t knew I needed.

I have a nagging feeling that Adam could turn on Kyle on Sunday. I’m already losing sleep over it. A solid go-home show.

P.S. Get well soon, Tegan Nox!

Paul from New Jersey

The show kicked off with the evil Shotzi Blackheart defeating the lovely angel that is Dakota Kai. That’s OK, there will be revenge. Can we just take a minute to talk about what a Wrestling God Johnny Gargano is? After last night, the last thing I ever want to see again is a debate, however Santos Escobar sounded excellent. The Camryn Grimes steppingstones to the moon invitational? Get the fuck in!

This weeks Kona fact-Kona is currently 1-6 in 2020. I fear for anyone who steps in the ring with this man in 2021. The clash of champions watch a long and more importantly the post show was an absolute blast! Thank you again Daunting Dragon Davie! Go Yankees! RIP Toronto Blue Jays.

Sasha vs Io vs Asuka is a women’s wrestling fan’s wet dream.

I would be over the moon if that happened. Sasha does have an affinity for the joshi style