Allo, allo, allo! Davie Portman here requesting all of your feedback for tomorrow’s very special “POST Podcast Day” show from upNXT and this time we are talking about…The Worst WrestleMania Matches Ever!

Yes, Braden and I have been scouring through all 36 WrestleMania’s to decide which match is the worst. We will be talking about Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler, Brock vs Goldberg, Big Show vs Akebono and so many more dreadful matches to get us into the WrestleMania spirit!

We would like to know what you consider to be the worst WrestleMania match of all time!

We will be recording LIVE on Zoom on Saturday April 3rd at 12pm EST!

Bret and McMahon with the Vince beat down at the end … Ugh. I did like how Bruce walked on Vince’s back.

For some reason I remember Brock Lesnar vs John Moxley being quite shit.

Orton vs wyatt mania 34. Very terrible

1 Like

That was a “main event” as well as Orton won the Rumble that year.

1 Like

Divas. Battle. Royale. Worst shit ever. No respect for their female talents.

1 Like

Bossman vs Undertaker - killed the HIAC concept and didn’t mean anything as Bossman showed up shortly after and was fine. Horrible match and finish

Every WrestleMania has a dud match, embarrassing celebrity involvement or a lame skit. The ones that stick out to me as the worst are the ones that also lasted a lot longer than they should have and killed the flow of the show.

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania 33 - 10 minutes
Undertaker vs Shane McMahon at WM32 - 30 minutes!
Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler at WM27 - 13 minutes and ended in a DQ
Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon at WM26 - 11 minutes of misery
Undertaker vs Big Boss man at WM15 - 10 minutes
Roddy Piper vs Goldust at WM12 - 17 minutes
Undertaker vs Giant Gonzalez at WM9 - 8 minutes
Jake Roberts vs Rick Martel at WM7 - 8 minute blindfold match
Brutus Beefcake vs David Sammartino at WM1 - 12 minutes and ended in a count out

There’s a lot of recency bias on the list. When I have rewatched early wrestlemania’s a lot of the matches sucked. But at least they were mostly 5-6 minutes and ended quick.

1 Like

I’m sure the fact that I was a kid plays a huge factor, but I LOVED the Roberts vs Martel match. I can remember watching it popping everyone Roberts for his hands on him, or pointed at him.

Was this the one that Snoop Dogg was involved for?

Bossman vs. Undertaker just gross :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I wouldn’t know where to start.

The one with Santino Marella winning where even the commentators didn’t know who was in it. A pure clusterfuck.

Thought I’d revive this chat to add whatever that was with Butch on Sunday night.

That has to be the worst match I’ve ever seen at Wrestlemania. I would even rather watch Jake vs Martell again in that awful Blindfold match. That made more sense then Butch’s character.

I guess he’s a ‘scuttler’, trying to headbutt his friends because he’s so out of control. What a load of rubbish. Maybe some people who like Peaky Blinders will enjoy it?

Lesnar/Goldberg in MSG. Not even Steve Austin could save it. The crowd’s vitriol was overwhelming.

Wow! I’m surprised “Bam Bam vs Lawrence Taylor” at Wrestlemania 11 wasn’t on many people’s list?