It is Rewind-A-Wai #146 this Thursday for members of the POST Wrestling Café.

This week’s review is WWE Backlash 2007 from Espresso Executive Producer @Martin_from_Germany.

Watch WWE Backlash 2006 (WWE Network account required):
https://network.wwe.com/video/70379

Leave us any feedback, questions & memories of this show, and tune in this Thursday.

WWE Backlash
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia at Philips Arena
*WWE Championship: John Cena (c) vs. Edge vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton
*Last Man Standing for the World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker (c) vs. Batista
*ECW Championship: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon & Umaga
*United States Championship: Chris Benoit (c) vs. MVP
*Women’s Championship: Melina (c) vs. Mickie James
*World Tag Team Championships: The Hardys (c) vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch

1 Like

This was my first time watching this show as I pretty much stopped watching WWE around 2002ish. At the time I remember watching NOAH’s “The First Naviation” and “Navigate for Evolution” DVDs as well as NJPW’s first Wrestle Kingdom and some of the New Japan Evolution Tag shows that year. Since I have no nostalgic memories of this time in WWE could be why my overall average rating of the matches for the PPV is a 3 outta 5. But, I still enjoyed the show; definitely no December to Dismember, thank god.

My favorite match of the night for me was the Hardy’s tag team match. Melina vs. Mickie James had some good solid mat work and wrestling, and I was presently surprised by this despite the constant Jerry “The King” comments littered throughout.

My favorite moments were probably JBL’s “The amelioration of MVP” and “The gentrification of MVP” [???] comments as well as JR taking a dig at Jerry Lawler’s constant divorces throughout his life.

Hey guys,

First time watching this show, and i can’t believe this was the first show that we got “Durag Vince”. Funny way to start it off in the City of Atlanta since the Hip-Hop/Rap culture is so big there. Not much for me to say about the opening matches, but I did enjoy the Tag match and the Women’s match. The US title match was good but not compaired to their Wrestlemania matc, i did enjoy MVP entrance with the pyro, but the lyrics after “I’m coming” sucks. The ECW Championship match to me was a joke, it was too long of a match but it was okay for what it is. Also seeing Vince McMahon as the ECW Champion was weird. Batista was always one of my favorites, so watching him vs The Undertaker was a treat. Two legends just beating the hell out of each other. The ending made sense but it was funny when the ref called for medical but still had to make the 10-count. The 4 way match was a dream of mine back when i was 9 years old and it was an amazing match looking at it now. Shawn Michaels was the MVP for me during this match, especially in the end. Overall, I give this show a 7 out of 10 for my liking.

1 Like