Leave us your feedback & questions focusing on the WWE’s Battleground event from July 2016.

The show can be viewed on the WWE Network.

Rewind-A-Wai #22 will be released this Friday for members.

WWE BATTLEGROUND
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Washington, D.C.
*Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE title
*John Cena, Enzo & Big Cass vs. AJ Styles, Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows
*The Miz vs. Darren Young for the Intercontinental title
*Rusev vs. Zack Ryder for the United States title
*Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn
*Charlotte Flair & Dana Brooke vs. Sasha Banks & Bayley
*Natalya vs. Becky Lynch
*New Day vs. The Wyatt Family

I remember this show for 2 main things. The first is the fantastic match between Owens & Zayn, that match would have been a brilliant final chapter in their story but it’s sad that WWE have so much TV time and relied on them for matches on Raw. That still doesn’t take away from the fact that this match was easily the best on the card.
The second thing I remember is the hot mess that was the IC title match. I have no idea what they were hoping to achieve with Darren Young at this time as he’s pairing with Backlund was really strange.
It’s also funny to me that WWE threw the Shield 3-way on a random show like this when so many believed it could be a Mania main event and they’re right, with that extra build I think it could have been a really big deal. I did like that Dean was the champ coming in and out of this, I’ve always preferred him over the other 2 but I liked him as Jon Moxley on the indies. Thanks for the review guys, I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts and why this show was picked as well as others views on the show.

This to me is probably one of the most memorable B pay per views. Was it the best overall of that year probably not but it had a lot of big moments. Seeing Bayley get the reaction she got and where she is now is really sad. She really felt like a star that night and gave hope she’d have a great run on the main roster. Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens match was amazing and had great story telling as you’d expect with these two. One moment of the show that I loved was seeing Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan reminding Dean Ambrose why they chose him. Their pep talked really hyped me for their match. It was a bit surprising seeing Dean Ambrose leave with the championship by going over Roman clean, but I felt that it helped cement him among his Shield brothers. Seeing him raise that title with the Smackdown crew was a great moment. Ambrose is my favorite of the 3 but they are the 3 biggest stars of their generation in my opinion. The rest of the show wasn’t bad.

Paul from New Jersey

Two years ago I said “There is no way the WWE screws up the Bayley NXT call up. She’s going to be the female Cena. She will tap into a new demographic. The WWE has to and will get this right”.

Boy, do I feel stupid. Thanks WWE.