Shane McMahon wins a tournament he wasn’t in is Best In The World

Just finished watching the show and I might be in the minority here but I actually enjoy the show and the wwe dealt with the situation.

They didn’t mention Saudi Arabia once during the entire broadcast, renne young being part of the show felt like a small step in the right direction and the matches we’re really entertaining as far as my taste in wrestling is concern.

I didn’t mind to see Shane win the tournament because in the end, it’s just a trophy that won’t be mention ever again, I don’t even mind lesnar winning the title as they protected him in the lost plus I rather see a rematch between lesnar and aj styles at survivor series then watching aj have to carry strowman to a good match.

Anyway, out of the three network special, and I count the Australia show in this, this was the better one of the three. I’m sure that it would have been a way different show if the wasn’t a controversy with this show, but the controversy made this show better and if all the other Saudi special are like this one, I will gladly continue to watch them.

1 Like

HALP!!! HULK HOGAN
HALP!!! SAUDI ARABIA
HALP!!! BORK LASER CHAMP
HALP!!! MY FEELS!!!

The awful decision making to go through with the show in Saudi Arabia aside, I don’t understand how this is the same company that creates the best week-to-week wrestling show in the world in NXT, puts on amazing TakeOver shows every couple of months, booked Evolution last week and also puts on this shit show.

This felt like they were imitating the worst of WCW using broken down legends (injuring themselves in the process), non-delivering on a title match and completely ignoring any common sense.

So am I the only one who watches this and thought both Miz and HHH got hurt for real?

That would explain the Shane random win and how that whole thing went.

HHH couldn’t lift his shoulder. And then HBK doing a moonsault was just wreckless! He smashed his face on it. Bleeding after. The match was laid out really well but damn these guys are too old. 10 years ago that’s a 5 star match.

Otherwise I agree with @psykohurricane …zero mention of Saudi Arabia. Like awkwardly so given Hogan’s promo. No propaganda video. The kids being into the show helps the medicine go down. And I really do enjoy entrances with the big pyro. Everyone feels like stars.

So Hunter tore his pec.

That sucks.

Also.

If it matters… they may not have said the words “Saudi Arabia” (I’ll trust my fellow posters on that), but I saw about half of the show and heard them mention being in Jeddah at least twice.

Weird considering it was in Riyadh.

1 Like

Whoops? Was the last one Jeddah?

Either way, I guess I’ll stop posting at 2 AM…

1 Like

If I could sum up this show in 4 words : Good handling, bad booking.