Scrump from the PWTCAST

Hello gentlemen
I just got out of my second screening of The Joker and was able to catch the main event.
Really the only match I cared to see as they only bothered to book 4 matches.

Up until “The End” came up on the screen at my theater I thought I wouldn’t see a bigger clown than Joaquin Phoenix for the rest of the day but then Vince McMahon said, “hold my beer”.

Who forced WWE to book this match?
Did I miss the article on WWE management having a gun held to their head and being forced to do this?
If they didn’t want Seth or Bray to lose then why are we even having this match?

I know it’s wrestling but I just ask for some semblance of logic and thought.
Hopefully Bray can bounce back from this as angles like this is what killed his character the first time.

Take care boys and go watch that Joker movie if you already haven’t!

1 Like

Brandon from Ottawa

I expect you guys will get a lot of feedback on this one, so I’ll make it brief.

Between last year’s Brock interruption of Roman and Braun, to this year’s nonsense finish, the Hell in a Cell match has gone from “I can’t wait to see this match” to “I cant wait to see how they get out of this match.”

1 Like

I’m with you, I just feel bad. After 40+ years I might have outgrown wrestling

Jake from Hamilton,

Been listening for years but have never left feedback before, but damn I’m pissed. I take so much crap from my friends and family that I still watch wrestling. I always say noo it’s good, it’s about the story and moments. My father, mother and girlfriend sat in the living room tonight and watched whatever the hell happend in the main event. I gloated about how awesome hell In a cell is because no theres no dq but then had to explain why he was dq’d. From there a man was chocked to the point where he coughed up blood. I’m embarrassed, I hope AEW does 10 mill on Wednesday, I’m going to stick to listening to your reviews, I’m done I just cant anymore, I’m so embarrassed that I watch this crap.

Thanks for all that you guys do,

Jake.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the creativity of the first HIAC match with Sasha and Becky. Bryan and Reigns v. Rowan and Harper was a nice hard hitting affair. Interesting choice to give Asuka the mist, I’d like to hope that the Kabuki Warriors could help raise the status of those titles but im not gonna hold my breath. I made a quick food run and came back during corbin v. Gable which was alright. At first I thought Graves was just being a jerk but when Gable was announced as Shorty thats just too much. I think they were doing an alright building up the Fiend in the Main event but if you didn’t want to put the belt on him why even book him. Feels like they had no way out but a terrible decision to DQ seth in the cell which makes absolutely no damn sense. I dont fault the crowd for the boos and AEW chants in the end.

First two matches were rather good. Then the show just kinda existed as white noise until the main event. That was a WCW main event. It’s unreal how they thought this was acceptable.

2.5/10 because of the two first matches.

Luk from Quebec

I’m seeing a lot of people understandably upset at the DQ finish, but did anyone else notice how Rollins used about 35 Stomps in that match or did I hallucinate all that? That finisher is worth absolutely nothing now. There’s making your monster heel look strong, like Lesnar needing 2 or 3 of them to be pinned, and then there’s having someone kick out of 12 finishers in a row. That’s where you descend into goofy as hell territory and completely lose your audience. Instead of the Fiend looking strong, everyone involved in this mess looks completely ridiculous and without any credibility. HOW did nobody talk Vince out of this one??? is he actually trying to sabotage his own company? maybe WWE staff need to start their own impeachment procedure

2 Likes

Nick from North Carolina

I really enjoyed the first 25 minutes of this show, and then it almost entirely went downhill. Sasha and Becky was great until Sasha lost…again. I mean what is even the point of her “return” story-line if you are just going to bury her?

The tornado tag match was excellent. Really great showing by all 4. I hope Bryan and Roman are both okay. Roman’s knee really concerned me. If he was selling, he deserves an Emmy. Bryan seemingly collapsing walking up the ramp while grasping his neck scares me given his history. Hope both guys are okay, and that I am reading too much into it. Rest of the card was okay at best. Definitely had some bright spots, but that ending was just disgusting. I mean how do you screw something up so badly, especially after AEW killed you on Wednesday. I had a feeling it was coming, after WWE tweeted out the poll having a DQ finish as an option, but I still hate it all the same. Guess it is time to take a break from WWE. Thanks Vince.

HHH: Well we can’t Piss people off more than the Kofi finish on Friday.
Vince: Hold my beer

Seriously though don’t book a match where you don’t want either guy to lose unless you have a cool way around it. Or better yet just don’t Book the match.

2 Likes

This kid had the right idea he didn’t wanna be there live and I don’t blame him, maybe he knew the booking for the main event of tonight’s show. I feel like going somewhere now and having a little cry!

2 Likes

Hey dudes, Luigi here.

I only caught the first two matches tonight, and thought they were both great. The opener was one of the most creative hell in a cell matches I’ve ever seen, and ultimately one of the best. The tag match was fast paced, hard hitting, and overall good stuff. I had to bow out early, but it seems like the rest of the show was not all that great, and the main was a shit show. From what I’m reading, I feel like WWE will end up taking the wrong lesson from this and think they shouldn’t be booking fuck finishes like this anymore, which is true, but the real lesson should be to focus on better storytelling week to week so you don’t have to get yourself out of a mess you created.

Luv,
Luigi

Tommy from Scotland

Becky/Sasha was great, most of the rest of the show was absolutely useless. Did WWE really have one the hottest characters in years in the worst match of 2019? How is it possible to be that incompetent?

How does Seth have his knack snapped and then get 20 minutes straight of offense in? Leave the snap out if you’re going to do that. The Fiend has referee recuperating skills lying there for so long. And were they seriously going to take him out on a stretcher? Correct me if I’m wrong but did the undertaker ever leave on a stretcher?

My opinion on the finish to the main event has been widely shared, so instead I’ll say this: I thought both the women’s title matches were fantastic. All four horsewomen brought it and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of their matches.

What an unbelievable sack of shit that started so good.
Becky and Sasha worked their asses off and delivered a very original and entertaining cell match.
I really wanted to like the main event, I’m such a huge fan of Bray. I even thought the red tint was cool at first, but that was one of the most poorly booked matches I’ve ever seen.
The camera shaking gave me a stroke. Does Kevin Dunn know that literally everyone hates the zoom ins?
I would kill to have seen a live shot of Vince as the crowd was chanting “AEW” as the show went off the air.

Long time reader, first time poster. I watch wrestling for the storylines and this ppv confirmed to me that wwe is the hyperactive child of the wrestling world. There’s no stories at all. If you were to write these down week to week it would look beyond stupid. The most dominant nxt women’s champion of all time and a nxt starlet decide to team up with a legend as a manager. Next they manage to barely wrestle for 6 months. Then they mysteriously lose their manager but get given a title shot at short notice, win the titles, and then are bad guys? How is a fan supposed to invest any emotion in to this? It’s not fun to have your intelligence insulted almost every show and hopefully aew can continue to build satisfying medium to long term story lines to counteract this.

Thanks for letting me ramble

Jesse from the 6

The ending sucked but The Fiend should never have been booked in that match in the first place. He’s not a character who should be in title programs. It just doesn’t work IMO.

Take Care

Jay from Colorado

I know you guys already read the feedback and posted the review, but I have to leave my thoughts anyways.

This was without a doubt one of the worst PPVs I’ve ever seen in my life. The first two matches saved this from being the worst. Fucking awful. I’d be pissed off if I was one of the ones who watched this in attendence.

Aside from the obvious complaints about the main event, I have to ask, why do Japanese wrestlers need to have green mist in the WWE?

1 Like

I miss the day when finishers had an impact. Romans “superman punch” has always been the most annoying move for me until tonight when the stomp became the new waste of time finisher. A DQ to end a hell in a cell… what the hell -_-

1 Like